˙•˚☕︎- 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏. - 𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐎. -☕︎˚•˙

𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄;

JUST SO NO ONE GETS CONFUSED, I WILL BE USING THEY/THEM PRONOUNS FOR TOPH! <3

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

˙•˚☕︎- 𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋 𝟏𝟏𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒.-☕︎˚•˙
˙•˚☕︎- 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕. -☕︎˚•˙

Ding!

That sound went by a few times as Toph and Sokka sat in the comfortable corner of the shop, a small lamp lighting up their faces as Toph let out a loud and obnoxious laugh, causing quite a few to turn to look at them but, Sokka didn't mind much.

"Oh boy Boomerang! You really need to work on your flirting skills if you ever want to get a girlfriend or boyfriend. How am I better at flirting than you? I'm literally blind!" Toph said, letting out a loud snort with the last sentence, waving their hand in front of their face.

"Don't call me boomerang, and I'm not that terrible!" Sokka whined in response, Toph took their pointer finger and put it up their nose. They moved it around as they gave Sokka a confused face. "Toph, this is actually why I'm the only one that comes to get tea with you." He inquired, rolling his eyes even though he knew very well that Toph couldn't see it and even if they could, they wouldn't care in the slightest.

"Ginseng tea for Toph and an Americano for.." The worker yelled, hesitation peaking on their voice. Toph and Sokka both perked up at the mention of their orders. Toph began to pester and swat at Sokka for him to go and grab the drinks. "For Sock?" The worker finished, voice laced with that of confusion and.. Amusement? Toph immediately erupted in laughter, bashing and banging on the table as they attempted not to fall on the ground while Sokka stopped dead in his tracks, mouth agape. After a moment of standing stupid in the middle of the shop, he quickly made his way to the pick up counter where the drinks were served and once he did, he stopped in his tracks once again, that stupid look returning to his face.

There stood a raven haired boy who looked about his age, beautiful amber eyes looked back into his blue ones. (which made his heart flutter a little, even though he wouldn't admit that.) Even though it was large, it was probably the last thing Sokka had noticed about the boy in front of him. He had a large scar that circled above his eyebrow and to his cheek bone, going up to his ear. Sokka immediately knew he wanted to know everything about this boy. Why? He didn't know exactly, he just had to know absolutely everything. He was a sort of yearning, if that made any sort of sense, he felt a pull.

"Excuse me, hello?" The boy in front of him said, trying to call Sokka back to reality as, rather embarrassingly, Sokka had been staring for a good moment. Sokka scrambled back to the real world, mumbling what sounded like and was an apology with a sheepish smile plastered on his face with a pinch of nervousness mixed in. He grabbed Toph's tea, carful not to spill it as he knew they would notice somehow and yell at him, then his own drink before turning his attention back to the boy.

"Uhm, my names Sokka by the way. Not sock." Sokka added with a smile, the amber eyed boy blinked at him a few times before clicking his tounge with a small tilt of his head, he looked as if he was studying Sokka and that thought in Sokka's mind was confirmed as the boy began to look him up and down.

"Sock fits far better." He said simply with a blank face but his voice was laced with play and amusement, as he turned on his heel the old man at the register began to lecture him as Sokka blinked a few times, turning to began to walk away. Sokka walked back a bit dazed, one thing he did here from the lecture was a name. Zuko.

"Sock fits far better." Toph cackled as Sokka returned to the table, setting the tea in front of them before sitting in his own seat, holding his cup with two hands. Sokka didn't even have a smart remark against Toph, there was just a name swimming around his mind. A name that had a face and a voice but, he didn't know anything about either of those things and he so desperately wanted to.

"Do you want to come back Sunday? I'll pay." Sokka said, immediately snapping Toph from their laughter with a 'HUH?!' kind of face. Sokka just smiled, he knew Toph couldn't see it but it was sort of a natural reaction in nervous situations.

"Oh. My. Melons. Sokka, you like that drink maker person don't you?!" They practically screamed, causing Sokka to let of his cup and scramble to slap a hand over Toph's mouth in which he was met with Toph's teeth.

"Ow! You little midget!" He whined, rubbing his hand on his pants leg before examining it, mumbling a string of curses under his breathe. "Freaking piranha."

"Don't touch me with your grimy ass hands." They hissed, sipping their tea in a completely calm and content manner, a small smile creeping onto their face after they took a drink. They hummed in content, swaying side to side a bit. "Alright, we can come see your crush again Sunday. Only because this tea is amazing!" They said, sipping from their cup once again.

"NOT a crush.." He mumbled, sinking into his chair as he took a drink of his own, which, was actually rather pleasant. He was used to shitty coffee and for a shop that specialized in tea, it was amazing. He hummed, looking over at the counter where he could see the boy, Zuko, floating about in a graceful manner making all sorts of drinks. The only word that could come to his mind in that moment? Ethereal.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐀𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄;

IS MY USE OF LIKE 'BIG WORDS' ANNOYING? I REALLY ENJOY USING THEM AND I FEEL LIKE IT ADDS DEPTH TO THE STORY. LMK WHAT Y'ALL THINK.

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒; 𝟗𝟗𝟓