[Lloyd] Star dreams in the summer

Doodle commissioned from @/Jenny_nounanibi on tiktok and @/Sunny_sunshine_jenny on Intagram! I have their special permission to use it in this chapter :)

-------

Summers are fun, the days are long and full of promises. However, they can be hard sometimes, especially at night. You have been suffering from a repetitive lack of sleep, the insomnia is caused by heat, for once. Not a Ninjago-level threat.

Everyone has been sweating tons in the monastery, thanks to the lack of airflow in the old establishment. You have been fighting over who uses the showers first, who gets the last popsicle, and who gets to cuddle with Zane. Fans are no help with the heat. Anyway, there is not enough of them for all of you. The nights are no better than now even when you have a fan. You get lulled to sleep by its white noise instead.

You decided you had enough of waiting for the sun to rise to start your day and got up. You can hear a faint breeze outside. You hope it will be your saviour for the night. If you remember correctly, there are hammocks near the cherry blossoms and cushions on the flat portion of the roof. With your mind deciding to sleep outside, you pray to the first spinjitsu master that Wu asked the monks to light up the citronella candles outside to be spared from the mosquitoes.

You head down the halls slowly. Everything is calm inside, it is a nice change from the lively days. You hear the soft snores of Jay through his door. You laugh silently to yourself, it is a surprise he is this quiet during his sleep. You glide silently, careful in waking anybody up, thanking your ninja training for allowing you so.

At last, you find yourself outside. You close your eyes and smile: the breeze feels nice in this chocking weather. A sigh escapes your dry lips. You stretch, feeling the slight wind at the tips of your fingers. Opening your eyes, you take in the outside world. It is dimly lit by the moon's rays, showing you the scenery anew. It is quite beautiful. You wander through the shadows, admiring the scenery before you. It is unusual for this place to be this calm. Even when nothing threatens the world, your friends are usually up and about doing something. It is rarely quiet.

"Can't sleep either?" You hear a voice asking near the hammocks. You turn your head to see a silvered-haired boy under the moonshine. His golden hair turned pale and shined in your eyes. He smiles at you softly, wondering what you will say next.

"I'm surprised the others can, actually. The only sleep I'm getting is when I get knocked out by the excess tiredness." You answer softly, returning his smile. He gets lost in your eyes before continuing.

"Yeah, me neither. Wanna join me? It's pretty comfy here..." Lloyd trails off, showing off his upgrades of the place with his hands. He moved the hammocks out of the way and installed himself on the little patio under. He brought some stuff from his room, as most cushions were green or purple. Lloyd sits on a soft blanket, patting the place next to him. You giggle at his antics and join him.

"I didn't know you were renovating the place, I like what you did with the walls," you say pointing to the hammocks he moved further away. Lloyd smiles and leans back on his hands.

"Yeah, I felt like an open area would suit the place better," he says, turning to you. "But the best is the open roof" the boy points upward. "We have the best view here, you should definitely stay, I'm sure you'll enjoy the calm rest from the heat from inside," he playfully says.

You let escape a small laugh, covering it with a cough to regain your supposed serious composture. "Hm, seems like a delightful offer, I won't lie, except like this," you say, lying down laughing.

"Wow, was that supposed to be a joke?" Lloyd says laughing, shaking his head in disapproval. "You're spending too much time with Kai, he's rubbing off on you," he says looking down at you.