Broken pieces and the truth

Jiya, Elvish, Manisha, Abhishek, Ashika all were searching her differently when it started becoming dark and started raining heavily. They knew Noor couldn't have gone further as they were searching her with their cars. Suddenly Elvish noticed Noor standing in the middle of a road drenching in the rain from his car. He immediately asked Kataria to stop the car and to inform others and ask them to come asap.

Noor was drenching in the rain. She was grateful to the rain for accompanying her and help her hide her emotions as she was crying silently as past memories were haunting her mind.

Elvish got out of the car and started going towards her when Noor noticed Elvish. She didn't want to break down in front of him. So she started running away like Shayan said that she ran away from situations.

"Noor ruk ja..behen." Elvish said running behind her. Meanwhile the others reached the place too. Noor was running away when she suddenly sprained her ankle and fell down. Everyone rushed towards her. It was still raining a little. Elvish tried to help her getting her up but she couldn't as she hurt the same place.

"Elvish maat kar. " Noor said whining in pain. Others noticed that place became blue.

"Yeh toh neeli pad gayi hai...Kya karti hai, Noor. Bhagi kyun?" Ashika says as she touched her leg.

"Maat chu Ashika, yeh thik nehi hoga. Purane gaav nehi bhadte asaan ni se yaar." Noor said crying.

Don't know after how long she cried and let her emotions win over her self-control.

"Bohat hogaya. Chal wapas chalte hai. Rest ki zaaroorat hai tujhe." Abhishek says.

Meanwhile, Kataria brought the car near them. Elvish and Abhishek helped Noor getting inside the car. Abhishek and Elvish sat on the driving seat and front seat while the rest of them sat on the back seats while Kataria drove Abhishek's car. The car was parked at roadside as Noor told them. They understood Noor needed time. No one was talking. Noor was looking outside of the window. Her expression was cold, lifeless.

"Abhishek tujhe yaad hai..? Tune bigg boss ke andar ek baar puchi thi ki Nini kaun hai?" Noor asked trying to smile but her voice was crackling.

Abhishek looked back at her but didn't say anything as they already heard her in the concert. Even though, they don't know the whole thing but they decided not to ask anything to her until she said by herself.

"Meri ek family thi. Choti si. Main, meri judwa vai, Nini, aur dad. Waise Nini ka nam Sunny tha. Close sablog Nini bolte the specially main. Hum identical twins the. Matlab agar main bal kaatke boy cut dedu toh Nini lagungi aur agar wo lambi bal rakh de Noor lagta aisa wala. Hum dono hi dancer aur choreographer the. Maine dance usko dekh ke sikha tha. Usse dance itna pasand tha ki main toh mazak karti thi ki dance aur mere mein wo dance ko chunega hamesha." Noor said excitedly.

Seeing her excitement, they could feel that how much she loved her brother.

"Sab accha chal raha tha. Par phir 2021 ke March 13....." she stopped trying not to cry. "Sab khatam hogaya." she cried.

The flashback,

Noor was frustrated due to something which Nini noticed and came to her room and slapped her head playfully.

"Ouch. Kya hai? Baadi behen hu na? Maar kyun rahi hai?" Noor yelled.

"2 minutes hi baadi hai." Nini replied uninterested.

"Still...baadi hu." Noor said showing her tongue.

"Fine. Chal na...di." Nini was tapping on her hand with his finger.

"Kaha...?" Noor said uninterested.

"Bahar kuch khaate hai." Nini replied.

"Time dekha hai? 11 bajrahe hai. Abba nehi mane gey." Noor said.

"Abba ko batane kaun bola hai? Waise hamare abba itne bhi bure nehi hai. Aate waqt kuch la denge. Chal na diii....chal na."
Nini was pestering her.

"Thik hai thik hai. Ruk...waise tu toh GG ko bhi le jaa sakti hai." Noor said.

"Haa le jaa sakti hu. Par mood toh apka kharab hai aur waise bhi It's twin's treat time." Nini said hugging Noor.

They were going for their twin's treat. Nini was driving the car and they were talking in between when suddenly from opposite direction a truck was coming driving recklessly probably after being drunk and hit Noor's car. The car was destroyed in pieces with the people inside them injured very bad. Noor was injured badly. She could see blood and the broken glass, broken car and her brother's injured body before becoming unconscious.

Noor and Nini was taken to the hospital. Noor was seriously injured along with Nini. Erica, Genili, Shayan, Mimi and Noor's father rushed to the hospital when they heard about them.

As soon as Noor regain her consciousness, she asked for her brother. But as no nurse was replying her, she got up from the hospital bed and went outside despite being injured badly in her leg. She was crippling and went outside where her father and friends were crying. She asked for her brother but in return, she got a slap from Genili.

"GG, Nini kaha hai?" She cried. "Margaya woh...margaya....tune mardala. Kya zaroorat thi itni raat ko bahar nikal ne ki?" Genili yelled. Noor was crying. "Mujhe dekhna hai." Noor said.

But they didn't listen to her and didn't let her meet him for the last time. He was taken from there in front of her but she couldn't say goodbye.

Flashback ends.

"Unlogo ko lagta hai ki main chaali gayi thi kyunki unhone mujhe chaale jaane ko bola tha. Lekin aisa nehi hai...nehi hai..aisa." Noor said while her tears were flowing down nonstop.

"Maine dance-choreography chhod di. Pucha tha na kyun chhoda? Kyun ki main chahu bhi nah phir bhi main nehi kar saakti dance. Main chal saaku wahi bohat hai. " Noor said looking at them. Then she looked at Manisha.

"Tune ekbar pucha tha nah..shorts kyun nehi pehnti? Short dress kyun ni pehenti?"
Saying that Noor pulled up her pajama. They saw her leg was wrapped in a leg cap.

"Uss accident mein pata nehi kab tak mein behosh thi. Par pata nehi kaise par mere legs ke bone break ho chuke the. Operation hua tha...ek saal tak hospital bed ke kone mein paadi rahi thi... Koi saath hi nehi tha ki kheyal rakhe. Wheelchair pe khud baithi rehti thi. Thik toh hua par poori tarah se nehi. Ek baar ke liye maine bhi chhod diya asha ki yeh toh nehi thik hoga. " She bit her lips and her tears were dried already.

"Main khud bhi sochti thi ki Nini ko maine hi mara hai. Of course, aisa nehi hai. Par mentally itni drain hogayi thi sochti thi aur aisa bhi din gaya ki khudko khatam karne bhi chaali gayi thi. Genili aur Nini ek dusre se pyar karte the. Meri kya galti hai? Agar Nini uska pyar tha mera bhi bhai tha. Agar Nini unke bete the, toh mai bhi unki hi beti hu. Sirf ek baar dekhna tha yaar. Nehi dekhne diya. Sirf mujhe pata hai jab main khudko ayne mein dekhti hu toh mujhe kaisa lagta hai. Mujhe toh ayne se darr lagne laga tha ek time pe." Noor was saying each words and crying.

Ashika hugged Noor as she was sobbing hard and as she was near her. This was the first time she ever let anyone to see her cries except her family. Abhishek didn't say anything and started driving but listening to her story, he was emotional. Elvish who talk and stayed happy always, was also quiet.

Manisha was quiet thinking about her parent's situation and her childhood while Jiya was thinking about her father.

Elvish turned on radio trying to make the situation better. But it played 'Naina by Arijit Singh'.

They all were quiet while Abhishek drove to the resort. Noor was looking outside with no expression. She was also remembering the painful past.

After sometime, they reached to their resort. They got out from the car when Jiya said, "Abhishek, tu Noor ko room mein le jaa. Mujhe koi inse kam hai."

"Tu chalpayegi?" Abhishek asked Noor. "Haa..koi problem nehi hai." Noor replied. Even though Noor was saying that she could walk but she couldn't. Seeing that Abhishek picked her in his strong arms.

-----x------

Words count: 1406