Part 6

Y/N was still in bed a Saturday morning, when FRIDAY left her a message.

"Your father wishes to see you, Y/N. He's waiting for you in the kitchen for breakfast."

Y/N groaned, made her way towards the mirror and sighed. Another day, another messed up face.

She applied some concealer underneath her eyes and put on some mascara. "This will do." She told herself, well knowing she still looked as if she hadn't slept in a week.

She changed into her new set of clothes, her and Kate had bought when they were out shopping a couple of days ago, and finally headed downstairs.

As Y/N approached the kitchen, she almost bumped into Bucky.

"Watch where you're going- oh shit. Y/N, you look like you haven't slept in a month." He said in the cold emotionless tone he always has.

"Mhm." Y/N replied with irritation, and walked off.

As she entered the kitchen she expected to see more people, but no. It was just her and her father.

Tony recognized her confused expression and spoke. "Everyone's down training. It's just you and I."

"Oh." Again, Y/N spoke with as little enthusiasm as she's done the whole morning.

"You look like you haven't slept in a year."

"Yeah, I've been told." Y/N now sounded a bit more irritated. "Tell me, what do you want?"

Tony rolled his eyes at her 'overreaction'. "You're up for a mission. And... you're allowed to use your powers. You're going to be hiding your identity though. I have a suit ready for you."

"What?! Wait really?! Are you serious? Thank you so much dad, oh my gosh!" Y/N chuckled in disbelief and jumped around, until she pulled Tony in for a tight hug. "ThankyoudadIloveyousomuch" she mumbled into his T-Shirt.

Tony laughed to himself at her reaction. When she finally pulled away, she spoke again. "Wait, wouldn't that mean I would have to tell someone on the team about my powers? Or am I going solo on the mission?!"

"Oh no. Neither of them. You're going with someone who already knows about it."

"Peter? Do you trust me and Peter enough to put us together on a mission?!" She raised her eyebrows.

Tony chuckled. "Oh no I don't- hold up, Peter knows?!"

"...no"

"Oh my goodness, kids nowadays." He sighed to himself. "I don't want to be mad today, and you better be glad that I don't. He is the ONLY one, you can tell, alright?"

"Yeah. Okay, alright." She nodded her head, not wanting to piss her dad off even more by saying MJ possibly, most likely already knows too.
"So then who is it..?"

"This mission is secret. The villains can't know we're on to them. And since no one knows you're with us, it's absolutely perfect to include you in the mission."

"Okay. Who's the other guy? My partner?" Y/N said impatiently.

"...Loki"

"Loki?!"

"Look, I know you're not gonna like it, but he's the only one-"

"Absolutely not"

"-who can change his identity, and we already have made new identities for both of you and-"

"Nuh uh."

"-it's a really dangerous mission so we need someone who has enough experience-"

"Big no."

"Y/N you have to." Tony finished.

"Thats low-key not gonna happen."

"I'm afraid you have to."

"Never."

(10 minutes later)

Y/N left the kitchen with a not-so-pleasant expression on her face. She headed towards the living room, and as she spotted Loki, she stopped, turned around and walked the other way. Loki quickly catched up with her.

"What do you want?" Y/N said, not stopping walking.

"You look ravishing, darling." The mischievous smirk he is so well known for, made an appearance on his face.

Y/N scoffed "don't even try. I'm not in a very good mood today, and I would prefer if you just left me alone, Mischief."

"Oh are you not?" His smirk grew even wider at the sound of his new nickname.

"Listen, I don't know what ever I did to deserve being partnered up with you, but-"

Loki's smirk faded, he tilted his head and stopped walking. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh he didn't tell you?" Y/N now stopped walking too, and looked back at him in the hallway. "My dad thought it would be a great idea to partner us up for a mission. Yeah. I know. It's horrible."

"Is it really?" Loki squinted his eyes.

"That won't work on me, mister." Y/N turned around, leaving Loki in the hallway.

"I'll see you around, Y/N."

"I hope not!" Y/N shouted, before she now was out of sight.