3 - How to Spend 10 Million Dollars on a College Party

THIRD PERSON

Nakita and Vanitas showed up to the college, Nakita told Vanitas which parking lot to stop in, and together they walked up to her sister's dorm.

The door was standing open and people who were clutching red solo cups kept breezing and stumbling in and out. 

"Is your sister throwing a party?" Vanitas questioned.

Nakita was about to reply, but she spotted Yuffie in the doorway. "Have you seen my sister?" she called out, barely louder than the blasting music coming out of the dorm suite.

"Not in a while!" Yuffie shouted back. Her eyes slid over to Vanitas and back to Nakita before she questioned, "Did you use your money to buy a boyfriend?" as she smirked.

Nakita just glared at Yuffie. Even though Yuffie and Madison have been best friends since middle school, she's never really been nice to Nakita.

"I'm her unreluctant friend." Vanitas grunted.

"Nakita has a lot of those." Yuffie said as her smirk grew.

"I'll just find Madison myself." Nakita huffed as she shoved past Yuffie. Meanwhile, Vanitas detoured to the snack table, and poured himself a glass of blue spiked punch.

Nakita passed by a DJ booth, a popcorn machine, a blue cotton candy machine, laser lights, an air hockey table, a whole spread of catered food, and she crossed over a temporary LED dance floor before she spotted Madison sitting in a chair that looked a lot like a throne. Everyone who was not being entertained by the dancing, the games, or the food had surrounded Madison, sitting either on the floor or in folding chairs they had pulled over, they were hanging on her every word as she told them some story.

Nakita waved her arms over her head and repeatedly called out, "Madison!" until she gained her sister's attention. Madison climbed out of the sea of people she found herself surrounded by and asked, "Hey, how did you get here?"

"I- uhh- asked for a ride." Nakita said as she gestured to Vanitas who was still hovering by the punch table.

"I'm pretty sure that punch is spiked with rum." Madison mused.

"Figures." Nakita muttered.

"So what are you doing here?" Madison questioned.

Nakita completely skipped over her reason for coming and instead asked, "Are you really throwing a party?" 

"Yeah, I guess so. It wasn't my idea. I just went with it." Madison explained as she smiled.

"And hoe much did 'just going with it' cost you?" Nakita asked.

"Let's see... The DJ was $250, $100 for the popcorn and cotton candy rentals, $80 for the laser lights, another $250 for the dance floor, $75 for the air hockey rental and $200 for the catering." Madison listed off.

Nakita's eyes widened, "You spent almost $1,000 for one party?!"

"Oh yeah? Well how much of your money have you spent?!" Madison snapped. 

"None! I haven't spent any of it!" Nakita replied.

"You can't tell me how to spend my money, you tight wad!" Madison nearly shouted.

"I don't have to! Your friends are going to spend it all before you can decide what to do with it!" Nakita said with equal volume. 

"Get. Out." Madison growled.

"Gladly." Nakita muttered before she walked away.

Nakita found Vanitas still at the punch table, holding a red cup with blue liquid in it. "Uhhh how many of those have you had?" she questioned.

"Ffffffour." Vanitas slurred as he swayed back and forth.

"Okay, well, enough of that." Nakita said as she set the cup down on the table and added, "Alright, let's go." She took his wrist and started to lead him out of the party.

"Where are we going?" Vanitas questioned.

"I'm going to take you home." Nakita replied.

X - - - - - X - - - - - X

"What was that all about?" Yuffie asked Madison a little after Nakita and her friend left.

"I think she was trying to tell me how to spend my money." Madison replied.

"Oh, well screw her. You should buy us new cars just in spite of her." Yuffie said.

Madison nodded, "Yeah,...I just might."