4 - How to Spend 10 Million Dollars on Coffee

NAKITA

I managed to swipe Vanitas' keys before we could get out to the parking lot. It was probably a good thing too what with the slurring of his words and not being able to walk a straight line. 

Vanitas swung one leg over his Ducati and I burst out laughing, forgetting I was angry with Madison for not wanting to listen to me and kicking me out of her dorm. "I think I should drive." I said when I finally calmed down.

"Why?" Vanitas questioned. 

"Because you're sitting backwards." I replied.

Vanitas slid off the motorcycle and nearly stumbled to the ground and asked, "Can you even *hic* drive a motorcycle?" 

I shrugged, "It can't be that hard." I slid onto the bike before I added, "I mean, you do it."

Vanitas groaned and climbed on behind me.

I started up the engine and when it roared to life I said, "Okay, hold on tight and pray we don't crash."

"Wha-?" Vanitas started to question right as I took off.  His arms snaked around me, gripping tightly, and I got the feel of the motorcycle and drove out of the parking lot. About two miles down the road, while stopped at a red light, I loudly said, "I don't know what the big deal is! This is really easy!"

X - - - - - X - - - - - X

I stopped in front of a cafe, turned off the engine, and pocketed the keys. I didn't want Vanitas to steal them from me and sneak away to dive while intoxicated.

"What are we doing here?" Vanitas questioned.

"You need coffee." I replied.

"I don't nweed coffee." Vanitas slurred.

"Really? Get off the bike without falling." I instructed.

Vanitas glanced over at the curb, "But it's so faaaar!" he whined.

I raised an eyebrow, "Aaaand this is why you need coffee. C'mon."

I helped Vanitas off the motorcycle and into the cafe and parked him at a table in a quiet corner, "Stay here and be quiet." I said.

"But-" Vanitas started.

I grabbed a paper menu off a nearby table and handed it to him, "Here. Read this."

"But-" Vanitas started again.

"When I come back I'm gonna quiz you." I said with a smile before I walked up to the counter to order our drinks.

Vanitas grumbled, but still picked up the menu and started to read it.

The cafe was a knock-off version of Starbucks, but instead of being green and all about mermaids, their theme was purple and their mascot was a rhino. They were cheaper than Starbucks and it was my little hidden safe haven.

A few minutes later, I returned with a black coffee for him and a hot chocolate for myself as well as a few cream pods and sugar packets because I didn't know how he drank his coffee.

I set both drinks down on the table and sat down across from him, "Okay, quiz time. What is their specialty drink?" I asked as I took the paper menu away from him so he couldn't use it as a cheat sheet. 

Vanitas groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose before he replied, "Purple Rhino's specialty drink is ironically the Blue Rhino."

"It's not exactly ironic. It does turn your tongue blue." I said.

"A blue tongue?" Vanitas questioned.

I nodded.

"What will they think of next?" he questioned sarcastically.