Chapter 3: 20 Questions

Marci's POV

I continue to sing my song when all of a sudden I smell a scent so good it made made my mouth water. I smelled vanilla and peaches. I stopped singing and I turn my head only to see Cole Black, the 'Alpha' of the school staring at me with wide eyes. then, Jenna finally broke down the wall I put up and yelled 'Mate!' What! Cole can't be my mate! Not to someone like me. What would Dad do!? 'Mate will protect you! Mate will love you!' Jenna said. Ignoring her, I did the only thing that made sense at the moment. I ran. The window was open so I stood up and jumped out of the window. Thanks to my wolf, I was able to run pretty fast. But she kept whining and telling me to go back. I didn't listen and I ran and ran. I could run back home but what if Dad was there : uh no thank you! So I ran into the woods near the school. Suddenly I heard footsteps following me. I can't get caught. Who knows what he would do to me! Using all my strength, I ran faster and soon came to a waterfall. I can't swim! Then, I heard the footsteps get even closer.

I got to go for it! I was about to jump when two hands caught me in mid air and brought me back to the ground. "Let go! Please!" I turned around to see Cole towering over me looking down. He just growled and picked me up. At first I struggled but seeing that that wasn't doing anything, I relaxed into his chest. Cole took us back to school, but instead of taking me in, he sat me at one of the benches in the field just in font of the school. He sat down and put me on top of him in a position where I was basically straddling him. I looked at him and I all I could see was movie star good looks. He's got to be at least 6'6 and he has shaggy brown hair with blond highlights in it, almost as if he didn't sleep. His shirt showed of his mussels and I bet he has an eight pack. Finally, I stare into his eyes. They're brown but I could see that depending on the sun, his eyes would turn light brown to dark brown.

Then he asked me in a low growling voice "Why did you run from me!?" I just looked down and played with my hands. "Answer me!" he growls. I look up at him and squeak out "Trust me you don't want me." I try to get off his lap but he grabs me and hugs me to his chest. While Jenna was howling with joy, I winced in pain. Cole had touched my fractured rib. He sees me wince and immediately guilt shows on his face.

"Why are you hurt?" he asks. "I can't tell you." I say back. He gets angry and says "Why the fuck not!?" I cower but say "I just can't. You don't want a slut and a whore for your mate anyway." I feel tears sting my eyes but I will them away. "Please, your not a slut or a whore. If you were, what were you doing in the music room all alone singing with tears streaming down your face. You made my heart stop, you were like an angel. My angel." When he says that, I can't help myself anymore. The tears come down my face. I see him worry and he wipes the tears away with his thumb and he kisses my cheek.

"Look, lets get to know each other first, okay? Why don't we play 20 Questions." He says. I sniffle but i nod my head yes. He smiles and it's absolutely stunning. He starts "What's your name?" I answer back " I'm Marci Johnson." We go on like this until he has only one question left. So far I've learned that his name is Cole Black, and his wolf's name is Jack. Cole is to soon be the Alpha of the Red Dawn pack. He has a sister name Jessica, and both his mom and dad are still living. His best friend is Jason and he wants to meet me. Finally, he asks me his final question: "Do you acknowledge me as a mate?"

I just stare at him for a minuet but then I look at him and say "I'm not sure if you'll want me but yes, I acknowledge you as a mate." As soon as I said that, he smiled and picked me up in his strong arms and twirled me around. I screamed but then I was laughing along with Cole as he twirled us round and round. When he finally set me down, I laughed but I just thought of something. "Wait Cole," I said and he looked at me in concern "We need to take it slow. So no marking yet." I said. He frowned as if he was in thought but then he smiled and said "Okay, we can take it slow. I'm just happy that you know i'm your mate!" I smiled back at him and we walked into school. He intertwined my hand with his and I felt sparks. My wolf howled with joy. Maybe this won't be so bad.

Cole's POV

After Jack told me that this beauty, I guess he told her wolf too because soon she was looking right at me. She was gorgeous. She had long curly brown hair that fell down to her waist. Her skin was a natural tan and the sun seemed to just emphasize her beauty. She had perfect curves and there wasn't a blemish on her skin. How did I get so lucky to have her as a mate. I saw her stand and I thought that she was going to walk toward me but instead she quickly jumped out of the window. Wait what!? 'Go After HER!!!!!' Jack yelled at me. I did what he said and I ran after her. She is a fast runner, even I had a bit if trouble. I cornered her to a waterfall, and just as she was about to jump, I grabbed her in midair. Did she not like us this much?!

I felt hurt but then Jack mind-linked me and said 'It's not that she doesn't like you cause she does, I just talked to Jenna her wolf. She hasn't had the easiest life. She's scarred.' Why what happened in her past? I asked Jack. 'I don't know, Jenna wouldn't talk about it.' While I was talking to Jack, I had already picked her up and took her to a bench right in front of school. I put her in a position where she was almost straddling me and Jack purred in content.

"Why did you run from me!?" I asked her but she just looked down and played with her hands. "Answer me!" I growls.I didn't mean to growl. I'm such an idiot, I probably just scarred her more. What seems like an agonizing eternity later, she squeaks out "Trust me you don't want me." She tries to get off my lap but I just pull her close again. She winced in pain immediately I feel guilty.

"Why are you hurt?" I ask and I can hear the concern in my own voice. I'm such a baby. "I can't tell you." She says. What!! Ok, now i'm angry, and I yell out "Why the fuck not!?" I see her cower and I feel bad but I don't show it on my face. Then she says "I just can't. You don't want a slut and a whore for your mate anyway." I scoff "Please, your not a slut or a whore. If you were, what were you doing in the music room all alone singing with tears streaming down your face. You made my heart stop, you were like an angel. My angel." Suddenly tears come down her face. Oh my mate, i wipe her tears away with my thumb and I kiss her check. Her skin is so smooth.

"Look, lets get to know each other first, okay? Why don't we play 20 Questions." I say trying to make her relax with me. She nods her head yes, and I smile. I'll start with a easy one "What's your name?" I ask. " I'm Marci Johnson." She says. She's perfect. As we go on, I learn that she has 2 brothers but she wouldn't tell me anymore about her family. She's from the Silver Moon pack and she hasn't yet shifted. I bet her wolf looks absolutely stunning. Finally i ask her the question that has been welling on my mind this whole time.

"Do you acknowledge me as a mate?"

She just stares but then says "I'm not sure if you'll want me but yes, I acknowledge you as a mate." As soon as she said that, I smiled and picked her up and twirled her around. She was laughing, and her laugh was so hot yet cute. I just laughed along with her but when i set her down she said "Wait Cole. We need to take it slow. So no marking yet." she said. Jack was mad and disappointed so I had to tell him that I have to get her to trust and love me first. When he finally calmed down, I said "Okay, we can take it slow. I'm just happy that you know i'm your mate!" She smiled showing her perfect whit straight teeth and we walked into school. I took her hand and intertwined my fingers with hers and felt sparks travel up my arm. Jack growled from passion and I thought, I love her already.