Chapter 8: Past

Marci's POV

"What?" Cole asks in disbelief. "Jenna hadn't answered me since I woke up," I say. "She would normally be howling with joy being near you but she isn't there." Cole nods taking all of this in before saying "We should go to the pack doctor."

No! No doctors! If I went to the doctors, I would be punished. Cole saw me cringe and asked "What's wrong?" "No way. Look, no doctors. Just, grab the phone for me ok?" He looks at me weird but does what I ask and gives me the phone.

I call the two people who I'm comfortable with : Dylan and Matt. They were at the house in under 10 minuets. As soon as they came in, I was put in a bone crushing hug from both my brothers. "Guys, can't breathe." I say. They let me go just in time to see Cole come up behind me. "Who are you?" they both say at the same time. "I'm Cole, her Mate. You must be her brothers."

"That's right, I' Matt, and this is Dylan." Matt says while pointing to Dylan. "Way to go little sis!" Dylan says coming up and rubbing my hair. I laugh and everyone smiles. "So what's the problem, you never call us?" Matt asks. Immediately I frown and lead everyone to the living room. Once everyone's seated I say what's been on my mind. "I think my wolf is gone."

Shock showed on Dylan's face while anger showed on Matt's. "That bastard! He finally did it didn't he?! He used silver!" Matt yelled. I nodded yes and he punched the wall. "I told you we should have told people!" He yelled at Dylan. Dylan nodded his head and I saw tears well in his eyes. "Wait, you guys knew what? How long has this been going on?!" Cole asks turning his head to me. "Forever," I whisper. "What!" Cole yells. He also punched the wall, but then he came back and hugged me. "I'm sorry baby." I snuggled into his chest and he pulled me onto his lap. "Mar, where did he put he silver on you?" Dylan asked. I showed him my neck and the scar still on it. He gasped and said "It all makes sense!"

"What does?" Cole asks. "Well, Mar has had, to put it mildly, a difficult childhood. You see, our mom died giving birth to her, and our 'dad' has blamed her for it ever since." Dylan says. Then Matt continued where Dylan left off. "Right. So since birth she's been either beaten or neglected and we've practically had to raise her. Because of all of the beatings, she hasn't yet shifted and her wolf is week. Now, Mar, we've never told you this but I think it's time. You have such a voice that even the angels are jealous. When mom was alive, she told us about how you had a power or a gift. She said she could feel it and that you would grow up to be special. We never knew what she meant, but you are mated to an alpha." He finished and I stared up at him in shock. I couldn't be special! I'm a reject, even by my own father! Then Dylan continued, and said "This is all true but we do need to get you to a doctor. We have to make sure your wolfs ok."

I shook my head no. "No way!" I yelled. "Look, come on Mar. We have to make sure your wolf is ok." I shook my head no again. "MAR!" Matt yelled. I flinched and I heard Cole growl. He put his face into my neck and breathed my scent. As he was there, he whispered into my ear "Baby please," he whispered making me shiver. This boy! I though about it and said "Fine, I'll go. But you're all coming with me!" I said. They all smiled and Cole said "First thing in the morning. You guys can sleep here."

"But Cole, we have school tomorrow," I said. "We'll be there by lunch." He said, tickling me. I'm super ticklish. I laugh so hard that tears come to my eyes. Giving in, I said "Ok, ok. Tomorrow, we'll go."

Cole's POV

"What?" I ask. "Jenna hadn't answered me since I woke up. She would normally be howling with joy being near you but she isn't there." What she said made me happy, but has also made me think. I nod and say "We should go to the pack doctor."

She cringed and I asked her"What's wrong?" "No way. Look, no doctors. Just, grab the phone for me ok?" Why no doctors? I wonder but I do what she asks and give her the phone.

She takes the phone and I hear two voices. I have no idea what she's saying but she seems to relax. Soon I heard the doorbell ring impatiently as she ran to open up the door. I saw two men come in and give her a hug. At first I'm jealous, but then I remember when she said she had two brothers.I come up behind her, they see me and ask "Who are you?" at the same time. "I'm Cole, her Mate. You must be her brothers." I say.

"That's right, I'm Matt, and this is Dylan."the two boys say. "Way to go little sis!" Dylan says coming up and rubbing Marci's hair. She laughs and it is angelic! I smile and I see everyone else does too. "So what's the problem, you never call us?" Matt asks. Immediately I see her frown and she leads everyone to the living room. "I think my wolf is gone." she says.

Shock showed on Dylan's face while anger showed on Matt's. "That bastard! He finally did it didn't he?! He used silver!" Matt yelled. After yelling, Matt punched the wall. "I told you we should have told people!" He yelled at Dylan. Dylan nodded his head "Wait, you guys knew what? How long has this been going on?!" I ask looking at Marci. "Forever," she whispers. "What!" I yell. I punch the wall. How could I have not known! Why was nothing done?! Wait, no... I need to think of her. I went over and hugged her. "I'm sorry baby." I whisper. She snuggles into my chest and I pull her up onto my lap. It makes me feel a little better but i'm still mad.. "Mar, where did he put he silver on you?" Dylan asked. She shows him her mark and he yells out "It all makes sense!"

"What does?" I ask. "Well, Mar has had, to put it mildly, a difficult childhood. You see, our mom died giving birth to her, and our 'dad' has blamed her for it ever since." Dylan says. Then Matt continued where Dylan left off. "Right. So since birth she's been either beaten or neglected and we've practically had to raise her. Because of all of the beatings, she hasn't yet shifted and her wolf is week. Now, Mar, we've never told you this but I think it's time. You have such a voice that even the angels are jealous of. When mom was alive, she told us about how you had a power or a gift. She said she could feel it and that you would grow up to be special. We never knew what she meant, but you are mated to an alpha." When he finished, I was full of rage! How dare that stupid dad of hers! Fuck him! I want to tear him limb from limb. Then Dylan continued, and said "This is all true but we do need to get you to a doctor. We have to make sure your wolfs ok."

I agree with him. We need to go to the pack doctor. She shook her head no. "No way!" she yelled. "Look, come on Mar. We have to make sure your wolf is ok." She shook her head no again. "MAR!" Matt yelled. I saw her flinched and I growled. Brother or not, No one yells at my mate like that! No one! I put my face into her neck and breathed in her scent. I calmed down and whispered into her ear "Baby please." I felt her shiver. She is such a turn on! "Fine, I'll go. But you're all coming with me!" she said. We all smiled and I say "First thing in the morning. You guys can sleep here."

"But Cole, we have school tomorrow," She says. "We'll be there by lunch." I say, and I started tickling her. She starts laughing and let me tell you, it is sexy. I can tell she's close to giving in, and I tickle her more. "Ok, ok. Tomorrow, we'll go." she says. I win.