Chapter 4: Hell or Paradise

An
Sorry I couldn't get a better video that actually worked for Wattpad!😓

Marci's POV

After we finished playing 20 questions, it was lunch time. Hand in hand, we walked to the cafeteria. I got a lot of glares, but I just ignored them. When we finally got our lunch, I started to head out to go to the music room. Just as I reached the door Cole grabbed my hand. At first I flinched but seeing it was him I relaxed. "Did you forget, Jason wants to meet you." he said. Oh, I completely forgot about Jason.

"I normally eat lunch alone. I don't think I'm ready to sit and eat at your table." That was the truth. At Cole's table are all the popular people including the school slut Britney and her 'group'. He nodded as if he understood and I went to the music room. I really didn't feel like eating, and my rib was still fractured. Thinking about my fractured rib made me think of my dad and how my home was a hell. Well, now I'm sad, I thought and Jena whimpered in agreement. I know, Coldplay! I thought, and Jenna finally talked to me and said 'Yes! Coldplay is what we both need.' Both me and Jenna love Coldplay, so I chose a song that resembled what I was thinking and how i need a paradise where dad was nice and like a normal father. I went to my regular spot by the window again and began singing.

When she was just a girl
She expected the world
But it flew away from her reach so
She ran away in her sleep
And dreamed of
Para-para-paradise, Para-para-paradise, Para-para-paradise
Every time she closed her eyes

By now the tears were streaming down my face as usual, but I don't mind it. Singing lets me be free. I slow down the song a bit to show my sorrow, and it sounds perfect to my mood. As I continue on and am now on the chorus, I hear the door crack open. I look and I see Cole with a sad look on his face, but then I see someone move behind him. Being me, I immediately run into the storage closet considering I'm scarred of strangers. I hear a knock and I open the door slightly to see Cole.

"It's Ok," he says. "This is Jason. He wouldn't leave me alone about you so I brought him to you." Slowly, after more soothing words from Cole, I step out of the closet. Then I see a tall brown hair blue eyes boy step out behind Cole. He must have been around 6'4 because Cole was two heads above him. "Hi, I'm Jason" he said.

"Hi," I said shyly, still hiding a little behind Cole. Cole pushed me a little and had me stand in front of him. "What's your name pretty lady," Jason said and I hear Cole growl a little behind me. "I'm Marci. Marci Johnson," I said slowly trying to gain a little confidence. "Nice to meet you, I'm Jason Fuller. Beta and Best Friend of Cole's. I have to say, he wasn't lying. You are very beautiful, and your voice is that of an angel." I blushed as he said all of this. "Tell me," he continued "why were you singing such a sad song, and why are there tear marks down your cheeks?"

I shake my head as if to say no. Not even Cole knows why I'm so sad. "Please?" he asks. At this I break down and start sobbing. I hear Cole growl at Jason and I had to stop him. I turn to Jason while Cole starts rubbing calming circles into my back. "It's not your fault Jason," I sob out. "I can't tell anyone. Not even Cole knows. If I told anyone I'd be bea-" 'QUITE!!!!! You were about to spill! I can't take another beating! He threatened to use silver on the next beating! Soon I'll fight back but i can't now. Don't say anything!' Jenna screams in my head. She's right I almost gave everything away. I stopped talking and started crying again. They give me weird looks, but I just go back into the closet locking the door.

Someone knocks but I hear Cole talking. "It's okay Marci. You don't have to talk about it anymore. Come here." Hearing him say that I unlock the door and come out again. I clean myself off, and walk up to Jason thinking, some first impression huh?

Cole's POV

Be the time we finished playing 20 questions, it was lunch time. I took her hand in mine and intertwined our fingers. It felt so good. Her hand was so much smaller than mine and it felt so natural. The Moon Goddess really did make her for me. Hand in hand, we walked to the cafeteria. While we were walking to the cafeteria, a lot of people tried to flirt with me, and they pulled their tops down so their breasts were showing, but no one was as pretty or cute as my mate. While I was paying for my lunch, I saw Marci go towards the door. What? Was she leaving? I walked towards her and I grabbed her hand. "Did you forget, Jason wants to meet you." I said. But that was really a cover. I didn't want her to leave my side.

"I normally eat lunch alone. I don't think I'm ready to sit and eat at your table." She said. My poor mate. She must be really shy. I sighed, I wish I knew what she was thinking. I know my table had a few of the more popular people but still. I nodded so she could trust me and she left the cafe. At the sight of her leaving, Jack growled at me 'What did you do now! Why's she leaving!!!!???' I didn't do anything Jack! If you forgot, she called herself a slut and is always by herself. She's probably shy. At this, Jack growled and put up a mental wall. God, he's so temperamental.

I went to my table and sat beside Jason. "Hey dude, where's your mate!?" he asked. At this, everyone looked at me with a shocked look on their face. "You found your mate!?" Everyone asked at the same time. "

"Of course he did, It's me." Britney said in her slutty voice. She came over and sat on my lap. I growled and pushed her off. "Like you could be my mate!" She ran off in a huff and then Jason said "So can you introduce me to your real mate then?"

I thought for a moment and I nodded my head yes. We threw away our lunches and went to the only place I thought she could be, the music room. When we got half way down the hallway, we heard her voice. I stopped him and he listened. "Her voice is beautiful," he said. I nodded but I also said "It is, but it's so sad." I knew this song. This is Paradise by Coldplay. She slowed it down and it just made the song even sadder. We reached the music room and I cracked open the door, but I had Jason hide behind me. She was by the window where I found her last time. This time, she heard me for she stopped singing and she looked right at me. I saw the tears flow down her face and I was shocked. I thought she was happy today. Suddenly, Jason moved, and Marci obviously saw it because she runs into what seems to be a closet.

I knock on the door and she cracks it open. She looks terrified. "It's Ok, this is Jason. He wouldn't leave me alone about you so I brought him to you." I said. I had to continue talking sweet words to her, but I finally got her out of the closet."Hi, I'm Jason."

"Hi," she said shyly,as she hid behind me. She was so cute!!! I pushed her a little and had her stand in front of me so she could meet Jason. If Jason didn't approve, she would have a tough time becoming Luna. "What's your name pretty lady," Jason said. 'JASON!' I mind linked him. I growled and he smirked. Damn him! "I'm Marci. Marci Johnson," she said slowly. I could tell she was still shy. "Nice to meet you, I'm Jason Fuller. Beta and Best Friend of Cole's. I have to say, he wasn't lying. You are very beautiful, and your voice is that of an angel." He said and she blushed. Jason was going to far. "Tell me," he continued "why were you singing such a sad song, and why are there tear marks down your cheeks?"

She shakes her head as if to say no. "Please?" Jason asks. 'Damn it Jason!' I mind link him. 'She's not ready for that!' Just as I say that, she breaks down and starts sobbing. That's enough! I growl at Jason, but as I'm dong so, Marci says "It's not your fault Jason, I can't tell anyone. Not even Cole knows. If I told anyone I'd be bea-" But she stops her sentence. What was she going to say!? As she realizes what she was saying, she goes back into the closet.

I knock on the door and I try to talk her out. When she finally comes out I say "It's okay Marci. You don't have to talk about it anymore. Come here." Slowly, she comes out and she wipes her tears. I'm going to fucking kill Jason!!

An

Hey guys! I wanted to thank you for reading my book so far.I have another book called Instinct too if you like this book. Until this book gets a couple chapters in, i'll be updating everyday. Once 10 chapters are published, i'll be updating when I can. As always, votes and Comments are appreciated. Thanks for reading!- Aly