Chapter 10: Mom?

Marci's POV

By the time the last Harry Potter movie finishes, Cole is asleep. His head is resting on my back as I'm on is lap. I get up and slowly push him down. Just as I'm about to get into the bed with him I feel an intense pain in my head. Maybe, Jenna waking up! I thought. Just as I was about to try to talk to Jenna, a voice was heard in my head........but it wasn't Jenna. 'Come my child. Come to the forest. I will guide you.' The voice was so tempting and beautiful. Losing all sense, I jump out of the window and land on the ground, but the thing is, when I land, I don't make a sound. I've never done that before. What is going on?!

As I'm thinking all of this, the pain I had been ignoring came back at full force." Ahhhhh!!" I yell out into the empty forest. 'Come child. It will be ok.' The random voice chimes. I follow until I come to a lake in the middle of nowhere. It's sparkling and  you can see the moon and the stars reflecting on the surface. I look at my reflection and I see a music note on my forehead. What is this? I never got a tattoo I swear! As I look back into the river, I see the moon change into the shape of a woman. What?! I must be crazy, or delusional. 

As if knowing what I was thinking the woman in the Lake talked. "My child, you are not crazy. No, but instead special. I am so sorry about your past, but I have someone who is here to see you." This woman had long silver hair a a radiated completion. I took in what she said and replied back "Um, ok. I think I know who you are but could you tell me. Why am I special and why do I hurt so much?" By now, the pain was spreading throughout my body and not only was there pain but it felt like I was on fire! 

"It is ok child. I am the Moon Goddess. Depending on what you know, I have many names but you may call me Artemis. My child,you are indeed special, and I know you have questions, but for now we must focus. I have awoken your wolf and now, it is time for you to shift. I must go, but I have someone here who can answer all your questions." Artemis said. When she left, I saw another figure appear on the surface of the lake. I didn't know this woman. but seeing her made me calm down from the pain. This woman looked so much like me that it could only be one person, my mother. 

"Mom," I said and she smiled. "Oh Marci, I knew you were special. I miss you so much. I'm sorry for what your dad has become but it's not your fault." I shake my head as I feel tears stream down my face. I'd like to say they're 100% happy tears, but 75% was from the pain. It was getting unbearable."Marci, dear, your gonna have to shift. Let you wolf take over, and you will see what I mean. I did as she said and thought 'Jenna, if you can hear me, I give full control to you.'  With that, I felt Jenna come out from my mind and I went to where she was hiding. 

Suddenly, the pain increased by 100% and I screamed. Well, I thought I screamed but instead, I howled. I howled out loud and as I did, I felt my bones cracking. Soon, the pain died down, and I went and sat down by the river to look at my mom. "You did it dear, and your beautiful!" she said. I looked at myself in the lake and what I saw shocked me. My fur was a medium brown with light brown highlights, but all over my body was music notes, and on my forehead was the music note from earlier. Everywhere there was a music noted, my brown fur turned black. 

I looked at my mom in the lake, "What does this mean?" I asked. "Well, your voice is very special. Your voice can command people or can help people. When you sing sad songs, even the sky can bend to your will if your sad enough. However when your happy, like I hope you will be more, everyone is happy. Love can go through the air, and people will be nice to one another. You are possibly one of the strongest wolves around right now." She said. "But be warned," She continued, "With this power, many other clans will try to separate you from your mate and have you carry their pups. These pups will be very powerful so you have to be careful. Tell no one. No one must know that you have shifted. Your powers have now activated and taken affect since you've shifted"

All of this made me take a step back and think. Seeing me sulk, Mom piped up once again and said, "It's ok Marci, you can do it." I nodded my head and said, "Will I ever get to see you or Artemis again?" She nodded her head. "When you need us we will come. Just sleep on it, and you will see us in your dreams." With that she left. 'Come on. We're free! Let's run!'  Jenna said and we took off at full speed, racing through trees. When we finally got to a cliff, we looked up and the moon and howled with all our might. Wolf form is fun I thought, but it hurts to get into it. 'It will go away with practice.' Jenna said. But when will I have time to practice, no one can know remember. 'I don't know just go out into the woods every couple nights. What we really need to practice is our voice. We can't accidentally use it on Cole and Jack.' She said and I nodded in agreement. How do I get out of this? I asked Jenna. 'Think of yourself in human form, and also, please think of yourself in clothes and I'll take it from there.' She said. I did what she said, and before I know it I was in my human form with my previous clothes on, sitting on the cliff. Time for practice. 

Hey guys! I haven't been feeling to well lately so I couldn't update yesterday. I've only been able to update using the drafts I had, and I ran out! Here's another chapter and I hope you like it! No Cole's POV since he's asleep! Next chapter- Practice and maybe something juicy! Since this is the tenth Chapter, they won't be out every day now, but when I can get them out.  Thanks for understanding and Comments and Votes are appreciated! -Aly