Chapter 6

"How is that even possible? He's only a dam ghost story. Something that parents made up to scare their teenagers into behaving themselves when they go out," Fury said.

"Oh he's very much real. Hydra wants you and everyone else to believe that he's a ghost story, that way they can get away with sending him out on missions," Olwen said before noticing that the Winter Soldier shot something under the car. "Quickly put your hands on the roof!"

"Why," Fury asked before the bomb went off flipping the car as the Winter Soldier moved out of the way, to avoid getting struck by the vehicle.

Fury glanced out the broken window noticing the boots of the assassin approaching the car. Fury wasted no time in cutting a hole in the roof of the car, before grabbing hold of Olwen and helping her down in the hole, before climbing down himself.

Olwen winced while taking a step forward. She looked down and noticed a cut on her leg, beginning to heal. She then turned her attention to Fury giving him a questioning look. "Why did you save me?"

"Because you're an ally who tried to keep me safe, even though I was giving you a bit of a hard time. Do you really want to go back to the man who tried to kill us," Fury asked.

"He's only trying to kill you. If he kills me, it would be salvation for me away from him. He wouldn't allow me to escape from him that easily. Not when he knows that I have been found and am now walking around. He's going to want to get his hands on me and punish me," Olwen explained. "If it wasn't for you keeping me safe, I would be enduring his wrath right now.

"You're helping me, so naturally I'm going to help you. It's like I told you before, we're allies now," Fury said.

"Good because I don't know how long I would be able to remain hidden from the Winter Soldier," Olwen said.

"You really think he would get you, before you could make your way out of his reach," Fury asked while navigating Olwen to the place where they would be hidden.

"Because there is no escaping from the Winter Soldier. Hydra has him well trained to track down those who he is told to track and either end them or bring them back," Olwen said, before gaining the courage to ask the question on her mind. "Where exactly are we heading?"

"We're going to someone's place. He was in the same position as you were," Fury explained while continuing to lead Olwen to their destination.

"So, he was captured frozen and forgotten about by Hydra too," Olwen tried to make sense of what Fury was telling her.

"No. He was frozen because he saved many lives before a plane could crash back in 1945. Once we get to our destination you will see who I'm talking about," Fury said while leading her to an apartment building. Once they entered the apartment, Fury quietly told Olwen to keep the lights off while turning the record player on and turning it up loud.

Olwen gave Fury a confused look, which he gave one in return saying that he will explain all, once the owner of the apartment arrived back home.

Olwen gave a slight nod while feeling a bit on edge. She couldn't help but feel like her handler was close by, waiting for the right moment to snatch her. There is no way he knows where I am. I escaped him again with the help of Fury. If he hadn't done some quick thinking, I would have been in my handlers' grasp again. I can't allow myself to have another close call like that again, because next time, I may not be able to escape from him. And I know he is angry that I escaped him this time around, Olwen thought to herself, before picking up a male voice speaking outside of the apartment door, followed by a female voice replying to him.

Olwen glanced at Fury, silently asking him who it was that was about to enter the apartment. Olwen began to silently freak out when Fury didn't answer her, as the door began to open.

The person slowly and cautiously entered the building, making their way into the apartment, stopping in the living room. Suddenly the light of the living room turned on, revealing a blond man standing in the entryway of the living room.

"What are you doing here? And who is this young woman with you," the man asked while looking at the young woman who stood behind fury, with a scared look on her face.

"I was kicked out by my wife. And this is my adopted sister, who was looking for shelter to stay away from her abusive partner," Fury explained while writing on his phone.

"I wasn't aware that you had a wife, let alone an adopted sister, who was in an abusive relationship," the man said.

"Only my close friends know about my wife and my adopted sister," Fury said while the man read the phone, before Fury turned the light off. "Do you think my sister and I can crash here for a bit?"

"Only if you introduce your sister to me," the man said before looking at the young woman. "I'm Steve Rodgers. You probably know me as..."

"Captain America. I have heard stories about you, and how you were the greatest hero around. That was before my own personal hell started. I'm Olwen," Olwen replied before a shot rang out causing Fury fell to the ground bleeding, causing Olwen to jump back screaming as another young woman busted in reported that Nick Fury was down.

Steve turned to his neighbor. "Who sent you?"

"I'm here to protect you and the female asset," the agent said.

"Whose orders," Steve asked.

The agent pointed to Fury who was lying on the floor. "His."

Many other agents and paramedics rushed into the apartment trying to get Fury stable, until they got him to the hospital, when someone asked if there was a shooter close by who was responsible for it.

Steve caught a glimpse of the shooter. "Tell them I'm in pursuit." Steve then ran out of the apartment chasing the man responsible for shooting Fury.

Olwen stayed behind to help the agent with Fury, not wanting to go and face the shooter. She already knew who it was and knew that she would have to find another place to hide to keep safe.

"Don't worry. He won't get you. Us S.H.I.E.L.D agents are under strict orders to keep you safe," the blonde woman said.

"I'm not safe here. Even with S.H.I.E.L.D. Hydra has managed to sneak in S.H.I.E.L.D. Some of their agents are posing undercover as your agents. They will get me and hand me back over to him. I can't do it," Olwen said.

"Nobody is going to hand you over to your handler. And there are no Hydra agents walking among S.H.I.E.L.D. Fury wouldn't allow them to join our team if they were," the agent said.

"Right. Let's get Fury to the hospital. I don't want to see him die," Olwen said while walking with the agent to move Fury to the hospital to have emergency surgery performed on him.

Olwen stood outside the room, while doctors worked on Fury, though Olwen hated being in the building, because of what happened the last time she was there.

It didn't take long for Steve to get there and see how uncomfortable the young woman was, so he pulled her into a hug, which she gladly returned, holding onto him tight.

It didn't last long, because Olwen pulled away hearing Natasha's voice making her way towards them.

"Where are they," Natasha asked while rushing in. She quickly rushed over to Olwen pulling her into a hug, before pulling away checking her over. "Thank god you didn't get shot."

"Yeah," Olwen said not wanting to give away too much information.

Natasha understood. Olwen was uncomfortable being at the S.H.I.E.L.D building after what happened the first time. "It's alright. Nobody would dare be dumb enough to repeat what they had done the last time."

"The last time? What happened the last time," Steve asked.

"Rumlow made O very uncomfortable to the point where O lost it and kicked his butt," Natasha explained.

"I didn't mean to freak. I didn't feel comfortable with how close he got, or the things that he said to me, and I lost it. I never meant to hurt his feelings like i did," Olwen said.