9. shock

Beca's POV:

"Wait, twins?!" Chloe exclaimed, jaw dropped. I nodded slowly, running a hand through my hair and biting my lip. "Yeah.." I muttered. Chloe's eyes widened and she looked pretty shocked.

Stacie put her hand on my shoulder and I tensed up. "I can't believe it.." Chloe whispered. I nodded and laughed nervously. "You're not on your own."

The redhead stared at me. "So..we're definitely not having just one baby?"

"That tends to be the case when you have twins, babe." I smiled, rolling my eyes. I twisted a piece of hair around my finger and pulled it, pulling out the strand which I quickly discarded on the floor. "I don't know what to say or do." Chloe mumbled.

"Neither do I." I replied, shrugging Stacie's hand off my shoulder and moving closer to her. I crouched down infront of her and took her hands into mine. "But we can get through it. Right?"

She smiled and nodded. "Obviously. It's just a bit of a shock." Chloe answered, looking me dead in the eyes.

"Don't I know it." She squeezed my hands gently before leaning forward and kissing me softly on the lips. "I'm definitely excited, sure, but it's still kinda scary. I mean, we have to keep two kids alive now."

"Not just one. I know. God, I actually have to like, physically have two kids at once." I muttered. I stared blankly at the floor until I felt her lips on my forehead. "You'll do fine, baby. You always do."

I looked back up at her. "You better hurry up and get out of hospital now, babe." I smiled. Chloe laughed and nodded. "I'll try."

"Good."

------

A couple hours passed since I visited Chloe and got my scan, and I was still reeling from the news.

I hadn't told Emily or Aubrey yet, because they'd gone home before I got back to Chloe's room. But Em was staying with me until Chlo came home, so I'd have to tell her sooner or later, and I chose sooner.

"Em?" I called out, laying on the couch and staring at the ceiling. She quickly materialised in the room, literally seconds after being called. "Yeah?"

I sat up and patted the seat next to me. "Come here a sec. Uh..I have some news. Pretty big news, might I add." I smiled.

The brunette took her seat and smiled at me.

"So?"

"Okay. Basically, I'm not just having one baby." I started. Her jaw dropped and her eyes widened. "You lost the baby?!"

"No! No, silly. I'm having twins." I said, quickly moving on from her suggestion.

Her expression went from scared to excited, and she practically started bouncing up and down in her seat. "Really? That's awesome!" She exclaimed, leaning forward and hugging me.

I smiled softly. "You think?" I asked. She moved away and nodded. "Duhhh! Obviously it's awesome, I get to babysit for two kids instead of one."

I laughed and she simply smiled. "I guess. I wasn't expecting to have the second kid so close to the first one, it was meant to be Chloe carrying baby number two."

Em rolled her eyes and giggled. "She gets to have your next baby then. It's simple, you can't change it now anyways."

------

I woke up in the middle of the night to Chloe calling me. "Yeah baby?"

"You never told me you'd released a single! Babe, you're on the radio in ten minutes, they just said it!" Chloe exclaimed. I was definitely awake now.

I sat up properly and my heart was pounding in my chest. "Really? Which station?"

"Heart."

"Okay. Alexa, play Heart Radio." I said, turning the volume up on my Alexa. Emily ran into my bedroom, grinning. "Has Chloe told you?" She asked eagerly. "Yeah. I'm on the phone to her now."

Just as Chloe said, ten minutes passed and they announced my song.

"Now, for this next song, we have a new artist who is extremely talented. I'd know. This is Beca, with Wings!" I'd recognise that man's voice anywhere. Luke. He'd finally got a job on a more well known radio station.

Chloe's quiet sobs soon came from my phone. "Chlo, what's up?"

"I miss you, baby. And..this song is really beautiful, I can't even begin to explain how amazing it is." She muttered. "I love you."

"I love you too, Chlo." I smiled. I felt tears sting my eyes, but I couldn't let them flow.