19

Over the next couple of days Kara was glued to Lena's side even when they were working on their assignments. Kara felt safe in Lena's presence. She knew that nothing bad would happen now that they were in prison but a small part of her still worried that it could happen again. Right now the woman were seated on the sofa typing up some essays for their college corses listening to the movie that played in the background. "How's it coming Kar?" Lena asked looking over at the blonde. "Almost finished with it. I can't believe it's my last assignment before we take our final, finals." Kara replied softly. "I know. Soon we'll be graduating and working in the real world." Lena replied.

"Whats gonna happen to us?" Kara asked. "What do you mean?" Lena asked. "Will you want me to move out?" Kara asked softly avoiding eye contact. "What? No! Why would I want you to move out? I meant what I said about wanting to be with you forever Kara Danvers. You're not gonna be going anywhere, you're stuck with me forever." Lena replied as she leaned in and kissed Kara on the lips. It took Kara a moment to kiss back but she did quickly. "I love you Kara Danvers." Lena whispered. Kara opened her eyes and looked deep into the emerald ones of Lena. "I love you too Lena Luthor." Kara replied softly.

They finished their work and cuddled for the rest of the afternoon. Blissfully happy with what had transpired between them moments ago. "I've been applying for a job at Cat Co." Kara said. "Oh? That's wonderful darling." Lena replied. "Yea. It's for Cat Grant's assistant but hopefully it'll lead to a more permanent position as a reporter." Kara replied. "Me too darling. I've been accepted a position at L Corp. I'm gonna be the CFO of the National City part. So we'll be able to see each other all the time." Lena replied with a smile. "Really! That's wonderful! I'm so proud of you Lena!" Kara exclaimed. "Thank you darling. Are you hungry?" Lena asked. Kara nodded.