Chapter Nine | Sophie

As Sophie and Keefe approached the towering Ferris Wheel, she saw the rest of the group at the corner of my eye. It was almost sunset so she started to pick her pace and drag Keefe with her.

"What's the hurry, Foster?" He questioned and stopped her with his hand.

"Sorry, I'm just really excited for the ride" She mumbled and slowed her pace.

"HEY GIRL!" She heard Biana yell and race up to her. Her white swan face makeup shimmered with glitter and Sophie gasped. 

"You look gorgeous and-" She stopped when she noticed Fitz and Dex. Stifling a laugh, she heard the boys grumble.

"Don't ask." They said in unison when she gazed over their own face paint.

"Ooh, now that's a sight to see." Marella commented as Tam, Linh, and her approached the rest of them.

"Looks like Biana finally gave them a makeover." Linh giggled. Sophie could even see Tam chuckling.

"Welllll, now that we're all here- Who's ready for the Ferris wheel ride!?" Keefe announced before pulling out his tickets. 

Tam, Linh, Marella, Biana, Sophie, and Dex all did the same; but Fitz sighed and opened his empty pockets. 

"I spent all of them on a certain someone." He said, glaring at his sister.

"Don't worry Fitzy I'll share some of mine." Keefe offered, and grinned when Fitz grudgingly took them.

. . . 

"So how many people?" The Ferris Wheel Moderator asked.

"Eight people please." Sophie replied and recounted it to make sure.

"Eight?! At a time? All together?" He said, shocked.

"Yeah? What's wrong."

"I might have to split you up- The cabs only carry two people, I mean it is called Dreamy Delights. Meant for a couple..."

"Oh." That was her only response. 

"So do you want to buy the tickets or no?"

"Uh.... One second let us regroup-"

. . . 

"ONLY TWO PEOPLE PER CAB??" Biana grumbled.

"Yeah-" Sophie replied.

"Ugh, so now it has to be romantic pairs." Marella joined in.

"It doesn't have to be romantic." Tam countered.

"I think it's a cute idea" Linh thought out loud.

"Let's decide this quickly, the sun is setting." Fitz interjected, stopping the complaints.

"I choose Foster!" Keefe announced before hooking her hand with Sophie. She blushed slightly and hid between her hair. 

"Well if that's how we're doing this, then me and Marella can be in a cab. Right bestie?" Linh asked.

"Of course bestieee" Marella agreed before giving a high five to Linh.

"Tam, uh- do you wanna be a pair for the cab?" Biana mumbled.

"Oh, um sure-" He answered, and Sophie could see a tint of red on his cheeks.

"Oh- I'm stuck with the Wonderboy..." Dex sighed.

"No fairrr everyone else got to pick. No offense Dex-" Fitz noted with a grumble.

"Okay, if this is settled then could you please get on? The rides will be closing soon." The Ferris Wheel Moderator asked.

. . . 

Sophie's First Person pov-

Keefe jumped into the cab before me and then turned back. 

"What?" I asked when he held out his hand.

"C'mon get in Foster, think I wouldn't be a gentleman?"

"Oh- um.. sure" I replied, choking back on my words. The thought of Keefe as a gentleman somehow put butterflies in my stomach. As I reached for his hand and took it, he gently leaded me into the cab. It was pretty small and only had two seats, a small table, and an amazing view.

I decided to sit next to him on his side, even if it meant we had to share. Being alone on the other side made it feel like we were on a date. We weren't, were we?... 

Then again, sitting next to him felt like we were a couple- We definitely weren't...right?

"Foster? You there?"

"Oh um sorry-" I said, zoning back into reality.

The ride had started and the cab had made its slow ascend higher and higher. It reached a point when me and Keefe could see the whole amusement park. 

"This is beautiful" I spoke, mostly to myself.

I was too dazed in awe to hear what Keefe said; but I was pretty sure it was something along the lines of, "Just like you"

"Huh?" I asked.

"Oh- nothing- I was saying the view is nice..." He quickly covered up.

Keefe, haha, what a terrible liar. I thought.

The setting sun spilled warm sunlight into my eyes and made my blonde hair glow. Looking over at Keefe's carefully tousled hair, I saw glints of sunshine in it. Moving from his hair to his face, I noticed his sharp ice blue eyes. 

"Foster?" He asked, when he noticed me staring at him.

"Sorry!" I said, blushing. 

I could feel is smirk radiating off his face as we sat in silence for a while; However, I didn't expect him to come closer.

"Sophie?" He asked, and I was even more surprised that he used my first name.

"Y-yeah.."

"I've been meaning to tell you something-"

"What's that..?" I questioned, hoping it was what I was thinking. I squeezed my eyes shut and braced for his answer.

"I.. like you."

{A/N: Anddddd that's where I end this chapter. So sorry this chapter took so long to come out. I was struggling on how to get them in a cab alone. (I even struggled on what to call the Ferris wheel cabs.) But I hope this was good enough :'( Also, should I make a Keefe's pov of this episode? Type it in the comments. Oh and be sure to vote ;) Anyways, make sure to get plenty of sleep and drink lotsa water! Ly <3}