Chapter 10 | Sophie

"You...like me?" Sophie replied back, too stunned to speak. Her heart raced and then kicked into humming bird mode when he slightly nodded. His face looked tense as he released a careful breath.

"Yes, Sophie.... Ever since you were covered in baking-soda and vinegar from chemistry. Ever since you stayed at my side when I was at the nurse. Ever since the sleepover...."

"Keefe-"

"I don't just like you, Sophie... I love you." 

She sat there, burning red; Analyzing what he just revealed. Eventually she said, "But, I hope you remember what Grady said?"

"Of course, I don't want to pressure you. Even if you're not looking for a relationship, Sophie, I'll always love you." He answered back and looked deep into her eyes. Her heart raced again and she shut her eyes closed to calm it down.

"Keefe, you're so sweet and a great and charming guy but-" She started and held is hands, waiting for him to meet her eyes again.

"My dad set a line for me and dating, and... I'm not sure if I'm willing to break his rule. I don't want you to wait forever, you're perfect boyfriend material for some other lucky girl.."

He opened his mouth to speak, but then changed the word to another before he whispered. "I don't want another lucky girl, I want you... Plus, we know you don't always follow the rules, right?"

"Yeah... I love you Keefe, I really do, but-" She paused again, tears welling in her eyes.

He turned away and gazed out at the sunset. The ride had reached the peak and they were at the top of the wheel. He whispered again, this time softer, more meek. "What if we crossed that line? Would you do it?"

Her words were caught, as he slowly drew closer again. This time inches away from her mouth. "Answer me, please."

"I- I don't know...maybe?" She replied, feeling his warm breath on her cheek. He drew closer and closer, almost a hair away from her face. He seemed to be searching for permission, begging even.

Taking a deep breath, she slowly nodded and felt his soft lips press against hers. The warm, beachy-vanilla scent filled her nose and she tasted hints of citrus on his lips. He passionately kissed her, with drive and determination. But also with hope, and maybe love. No, not maybe, definitely. Love fueled this kiss, burning her up. She yearned for it, she needed it, and he gave her every last drop of his determination. When he finally broke away for air, she saw heartbreak in his eyes. 

"I-I'm sorry..." He mumbled, cheeks still tinted red.

"For?" She questioned, still lost in the kiss.

"You told me you didn't want a relationship, yet I was a fool and kissed you anyways."

"You're not a fool, in fact- I'm glad you did...."

His eyes shot up in surprise. 

"Yes, I am. I love you Keefe. Thank you for giving me my first real kiss."

"So... are we- a thing?"

"I'm not sure-"

"Of course, we can go at your own pace. It doesn't even have to be official." He assured.

"I think I'd like that" She smiled, resting her head on his shoulder. She giggled when he blushed and sighed. 

"This is still a friendship?" He asked when his face went back to normal.

"Mhm, or maybe a situationship." She said with a wink, as the ride came down to a close.

{A/N: How was that? I hope it was good :') It's my first time doing a long kissing scene that isn't yet making out lol. This is not the end of the book btw, rather a new chapter. The rest of the parts/chapters will be about how their relationship grows and maybe it can include some suggestions from you readers! If you'd like to comment some fun ideas or stories for me to write, I would greatly appreciate that! It could even be couple ideas or kissing scenes ;) Also if you can, please vote? Anyways, be sure to drink plenty water and get lotsa sleep! Ly <3}