Prologue

"Religion's a fool's game to play, it only hurts and serves as a false hope!"

A loud shriek wails, its voice creating life, death and all that lives. Existence stares at the voice and bowed before it. The voice bestowed power and freedom onto them. Then into infinity it vanishes and is forgotten.

His eyes open then as he sits up and holds his hand over his forehead.

"Such a weird dream, I must still be tired from last night."

He gets out of bed and makes it; he opens his wardrobe and dresses himself. The door opens and an old man wonders inside

"Are you ready child?" The old man asked.

The boy fixes his clothing then looks at the old man.

"Almost Father." The boy replies gleefully.

He walks towards the old man and walks at his side down the short hallway.

"Now how long has it been today I wonder?" The old man asked himself.

"You ask this every year and it's my birthday today, Father, you should know." The boy scrunches up his face.

The old man laughs.

"I jest child, you've been with us for thirteen years now ever since your father left you at our door." The old man said.

They keep walking and reach a large wooden door; the old man rushes to open the door for the boy and walks through the doorway.

"Can you start the prier today, Father?"

The old man closes the large wooden door and walks towards the bird shaped chapel.

"Me?" The old man asked.

"Yeah, I love it when you do it. Even though we don't have a God yet, I wish I could preach our teachings like you, Father." The boy said passionately as he looked up at the old man.

The man starts laughing again.

"Ok then, since you insist so much, I'll do it this time, but you have to read up on the next few of our Alchemy lessons for the next few weeks." The old man said mockingly.

The boy stops in his tracks and has an annoyed expression on his face.

"Uh y'know I think I can pray today; you can take a break." The boy said nervously while chuckling softly.

"Nah ah, what I say about your word?" The old man asked.

"A real man keeps his word." The boy recited while looking at the floor.

The old man walks up to the boy and rubs his head.

"Good, now keep yours." The old man released a chuckle.

"Yes Father."

The old man walks up behind the bird shaped chapel.

"In the beginning, we all question faith. We wonder whether or not to search for a God and because of our selfishness we lead a completely contradicting life, when given the freedom to choose what we want, all Mortal races, from Human to Dwarf, and Elf to Demon, make the purest decisions, and thus different views on life have grown all over the world. Thus, I created Feathers, a teaching that guides Humans to choose their own paths by giving our flock the freedom to find their treasure for themselves.

Bell, since you were young. We at the Free Feathers Church have given you the freedom to decide your path for yourself, but today I ask, will you sta..."

He clears his throat abruptly.

"... what do you want to do with your time left with us?" The old man asked.

Bell looked at the old man and then at the chapel gazing at the hall of the Free Feathers Church. Then he looked back at the old man.

"Before I answer Father, may I ask a question?" Bell asked.

"Of course, you may, a teacher cannot answer his student if he does not ask. The same can be applied to a priest Bell. Never forget to listen and never forget to ask. Now ask your question child."

"What do you mean by "treasure" I'm not sure what you meant Father." Bell asked curiously.

The old man smiled slightly.

"One's treasure... hmm y'know , I will not answer this question, but I will give you a nudge Bell, now how to go about it? When going through life Bell do you believe it is important for one to have meaning?"

"Yes, without meaning we all would wonder aimlessly through life, merely living, for living." Bell answered.

"Very good, with that knowledge, I believe you'll arrive at an answer for yourself in the future." The old man said.

At that moment a few men and woman walked into the Hall dressed in the same blue and white colored robes as the old man.