Chapter 7: Gold of the Black Sheep.

"Let's be on with this you four. We of Order, try not to display such actions to the public for too long. To think, that people would be willing to follow people like you. And abandon the Order birthed by The Great Priest Mother. When the land was riff with conflict, and the kingdoms were formed only to wait in despair till the day it was torn apart by foolish ambition. She the exalted one brought Order to us and YOU. The leader of, The Knowledge Seekers Mathew Simons, as well as the leaders of Feathers and previously convicts Benjamin Miller, Mary Espinard and the famed Arsonist Timothy, caught attempting to free the already convicted Mathew. To think, that people have fallen far enough to follow these examples and faiths." A man cladded in a white rob stained in blood and reeking of iron spouted to the masses gathered.

As the four stood afront the people, thickly shackled to the platform. Mathew had a small grin on his face as the crowd cheered for their death, the atmosphere being drenched in bloodlust, anger and entitlement. And in the midst of this crowd, a man stood covered in a black cloth. Gazing at his family and friends alike being publicly humiliated, when he realized he was too late and that there was actually nothing he in this moment could do. He fell to his knees. His throat, his lungs, his hands and head all burned with rage. He yearned to scream and wail, to rescue, for them to live. But his arms and legs fell numb, dead to the touch.

"Why, why are you up there. Father, Benjamin, Mary? What is he...? Convicts? Lies? Order those bastards I have to do something. I have to, my legs aren't moving. MOVE!!! BELL MOVE... please...?" He pleaded with himself.

At that moment someone gripped Bells shoulder, whispering into his ear.
"Remember your training dearie."
Bell turned his head ever so slightly towards this voice, recognizing her instantly.
"Janet..."

She smiled at Bell lightly.
"Oh dearie, I see all the effort you've gone through to save him. You poor boy."
She looks over at the execution platform.
"I see, they brought out that old, cracked pot Rah-zar, he seems to be getting ready." She looks back at Bell.
"As beneficial to your development seeing this might be dearie, I'm not a monster. Time to rest Freedom."

Janet flicked Bells forehead softly, making him pass out almost instantly into her arms, she lifted him into her arms and walked away.
"Goodbye Tim dear."

The cheers for death quieted, with the death of Mathew, Mary, Benjamin and Father Timothy.

Janet, being the only remaining figure. Took Bell to the nearby hideout The Lightless had. Where some time had passed since their execution.

Bell's eyes opened slowly, struggling to adjust to the lighting. He remembered what happened before Janet cast her spell on him. And he began to despair all over again. He barely had the strength to lift his arms, all he could do, was attempt to wail silently. After a few moments that seem to stretch infinitely. The door opens. His vision distorted; he realizes instantly that it's not Janet so attempts to make out who just entered the room.
"You're not Janet, who are you?"

"My, how perceptive you are. How, pray tell did you know I wasn't Lady Janet? In that sorry state, most people would not be able to tell the difference between someone using Illusion magic to pose as someone, and the real thing." The woman says as a bright light dispersed from her body.
"...If it were Janet, I'd be getting a beating for my current state." He replies sniffingly.
He forces his arm to move, wiping the tears from his eyes. He looks at this particularly short woman smiling at him from the door.
"So, it's you. The Director of that Hospital. I see what's going on now... that's why you ordered the other Doctor to go back to her duties. To give me a chance at escaping on my own. I didn't realize Lightless had people in places like Hospitals."
"Yep, and you performed exceptionally well Bell. Made us all proud. Seems Lady Janet didn't waste her time on a man like you after all."

Bell took a deep breath, his tears receding back into his eyes.

"Where's Janet? Doctor Jamie."

"Lady Janet is in her study at the moment Bell. Even she was hit hard by the execution of Father Timothy and Mathew. She asked me to come in her stead. And deliver these once you woke." She walked closer to him holding out an envelope.

He looks at her with a blank expression. He holds out his hand to take it.

"It's Father Timothy's final testament." She said to him.

Bell hesitated to open the envelope given to him. Not wanting the last memories made of Father Timothy to come from a piece of paper. Jamie took the envelope from Bells trembling hands. She opened it carefully and took out the pieces of paper. Thrusting them into his hands.

Bell sighed heavily and took a deep breath.

Dear Bell;

I realize you must have a plethora of questions roaming about that mind which I would never be able to fully comprehend. You must be crestfallen if you're reading this, Firstly I'd like to apologize to you for never letting you be what you were meant to be. I've always regretted not being able to let your nature shine. Ever since you arrived at our door, I've attempted to mold you into a suitable leader for the followers of Feathers, Im so sorry for it all Bell every bit of it was against your will. But as of now, Feathers has disbanded. I've given the order to our disciples to follow what they wish to be their Treasure. I pray for their safety and success.

This letter I'm writing to you, is not only meant as a farewell to you, but also as a way for me to finally pass on what I've been holding from you all these years. And tell you what I've surmised since the night of your appearance.

Let me tell you what really happened. Several months after I founded Feathers. We gathered a flock large enough to manifest our belief into purity incarnate. That purity was you, Bell. Or should I say my Lord Freedom. You are our God. Usually Gods of humanity, manifest in a form resembling an adult man or woman. In your case it was different however, you came to me wrapped in cloth, a sniffling human baby. Though at the time I had no idea of whom you actually were. I merely took you in and raised you the best of my ability. And I'm so, very proud of you. The day I introduced you to Mathew. I realized it when hearing about your dreams. Your bizarre nature became clear to me.

You are Lord Freedom; thus, you have this form so you may be as you wish. AS YOU WILL.

My Lord, I humbly ask of you, do not mourn our loss, and do not let humility and arrogance limit you.

You are the only being that controls your fate in this world. Be free and leave Orderon, I beg of you.

I know I've hidden many things from you. I apologize, but Mary and Benjamin are not aware of what you are. And I wished to keep it too myself, I Only consulted Mathew with the truth, so I might further consolidate my belief in your identity. I have my reasons for the things I've done in my past. And I like to tell myself that I've made peace with my sins.

I've written Janet one such as this as well, it details the same as this letter. I wish you safe travels. If you wish to know more about those who raised you. Travel to the far eastern human and demi-human settlement of Ordeen. In Janets letter I've made a dying request of her to prepare you whatever you may need on the journey. In the Order church in this city lives a sister, you'll know who I'm referring to when you meet her gaze My Lord. Ask this young priestess about us. And what happened when we last saw her.

Apologies for my impertinence, but I'll make a tribute upon our next meeting. In the next world. Bell, please be careful. The world is a difficult and harsh place for such a flower. You'll be looked down upon, called mad. And hunted should your identity be released. Remember what you were taught. And please, live a happy life. And I love you child.

Yours sincerely

Timothy Ignis

Bell folded the letter and put it away, back into its envelope. He looked at the ceiling in thought.
"What pray tell will you do now Bell?" Asked Jamie.

Bell stayed quiet for a bit. Adn took a deep breath.

"Tell Janet, I'll be leaving when I'm well rested. And tell everyone. My name is Freedom.