Chapter:1 Twilight of the Gods

They left so quickly; Father Timothy had such a concerned look on his face after the other Priests whispered something into his ear. I hope everything's ok. Bell thought as he cut his hair with scissors.

"Bell, you should cut that pink hair of yours. Its grown rather long, be sure to keep your word now."

He's been going away a lot lately. I didn't even get to tell him about the dream I had last night. He thought.

He tries recalling his dream, remembering the shriek he heard hidden behind the fogs of his mind.

"What was that?"

Bell walks down the Hallway on his way to his room deep in thought. He accidentally bumps into someone and falls back landing on his rear.

"Ow"

He looks around seeing books covering the floor. He glances up and sees a familiar face, a woman with long blond hair, fair white skin, deep scarlet eyes and a claw shaped scar under her left eye. She stumbles towards him and puts out her hand and helps him up.

"Bell, I'm sorry I couldn't see you with all this stuff I was carrying. Are you ok? I didn't hurt you, did I? Oh, Father Timothy's going to kill me!!" she exclaims dramatically.

I swear this Woman is the personification of a Hyperbole. He thinks to himself.

"I'm ok Marry, no need to worry about me, here let me help you with these." Bell said as he helped her stack the books again.

He picks up the books one by one stacking them on top of one another. He sees one lying flipped open and reads some of the page. "The True God" he read.

"True God..."

Marry looks over to him and gently takes the book out of his hands.

"Sorry Bell but you're uhm not allowed to read these, not yet anyway. Just forget about what you read and focus on your studies. By the way, what does Father Timothy have you doing these days?" she asked hastily.

"Oh, ok I'm sorry Marry, and right now I'm focusing on Alchemy, but I do other things like Mathematic, Literature, History, Philosophy and bits of Magic every now and then." Bell explains.

Marry smiles slightly.

"Someone's been busy, hope Father Timothy goes easy on you at least, you are still a child after all. Wait isn't it your birthday!?" She yells, grabbing and hugging him tightly.

She kisses him on his cheek, flustering him and making his pale white skin turn deep red.

She lets go of him and he struggles to regain his balance.

"Your Thirteen now, you've grown so fast Bell." Marry said with tears forming in her eyes.

Here come the tears. He thought to himself.

"Don't cry Marry, please." Bell pleaded awkwardly.

She dries her eyes and picks up the stack of books.

"I'm proud of you Bell. Father Timothy has a lot of faith in you, don't let him down please, work hard." she said as she walked away carefully trying to juggle the books.

He walked away to his room again and studied the Alchemy notes Father Timothy assigned him for the next hour but was interrupted.

"Ahh, hard at work are we. I think that's enough for now, don't you Bell? You need to balance your work equally come now it's time we continued our history lesson." Father Timothy said with a smile on his face.

Bell closes his notebook and follows Father Timothy without saying a word. As they walk his mind wonders, thinking about what he saw in Marry's book.

"Father, may I ask you something?"