ch 12 - phool

Listen to - Sawar Loon.

I felt a hot breathing on my neck

I looked up to see Raj's face was way too close but he wasn't looking at me, his eyes were fixated on the dough.

My breath hitched looking at him so close, if I had moved even a little, our lips would have touched. I mentally slapped myself for thinking like that.

He moved his gaze from the very interesting dough to me and oh boy!!

His eyes, the brown eyes which I crave for, bored into mine. I felt his hands on the sides of me almost caging me in between him and the kitchen island.

"Raj" my voice came out slow and whisper. What was happening to me?

He tilted his face to the side to look at me better and our bodies pressed against each other. His chest on my back. Our hands almost brushed against each other, enough to erupt butterflies in my stomach.

I moved my face infront to hide my red face. From the corner of my eyes I saw him taking the flour and he did the unexpected thing ever.

He moved his palm over my cheeks.

"Noooo" I whined pushing him away and removing the dough from my face and he moved back laughing.

I took some of the flour and threw it on his face. I smiled in victory looking at him covered in the flour.

I was about to go away but he pulled me back by my arm and I bumped into his chest.

"What?" I asked looking at him.

"You are so pretty" he said moving my hair from my face and tucking it behind my ear. I smiled and pushed him away.

"Chai dekho kahi woh bhi karab karna de" I said gesturing towards tea. He chuckled.

I was making parathas and he was cracking lame pick up lines which literally made me laugh.

"Ek aur ek aur" he said.

"Garam hai chai, thanda hai paani
Or batao, kya hal hai janni? " he said leaning over the counter.

"This was nice one" I said chuckling.

I kept the Parathas with curd on the side on the dining table and soon everyone started coming down.

After having breakfast we decided to go to the temple as it was anniversary of my grand parents.

I wore a blue dress which had floral prints on it, it was cute. I matched it with with a pair of jhumkas. I moved down to see everyone there.

"Ohh matching matching" Inaya said. I looked back to see Raj wearing a blue kurta as well. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Chalo chalo" my mom said getting everyone's attention, thank God no one heard Inaya. I dragged Inaya away from Raj.

"Bhai tum kitne cute ho" Inaya said .