ch 13 - the separation

Play - Rehnuma

I looked at Raj who was already looking at me and then at Inaya, by her look I could say that she knew all this

I looked at Raj who was already looking at me and then at Inaya, by her look I could say that she knew all this. Wow so everyone knew about this except for me , great.

What kind of person is he? Couldn't he at least say this to me before? Did I just get my hopes up again? Did I fall for him again?

He is leaving... The country.
Forever.

Why did I even expect anything from him? At last again I am the one who fell for him. Again.

I fell for his words, his eyes and most importantly his gestures towards me, it just made me feel important and now I feel as if I don't even matter to him.

I finished my dinner in silence, no words were spoken , only uncle and aunty were talking about their business and Raj would be leaving for Paris tomorrow.

After dinner , as I was going towards Inaya's room, I felt a tug on my arm and soon I was pulled in a room and as a reflex I closed my eyes. The familiar cologne hit my nostrils and I opened my eyes staring into the brown ones.

"What?" I asked nonchalantly .

To say the least I wasn't angry it would be a lie because I was angry.
But more than angry I was hurt.

Hurt because he didn't say me.

Hurt because he kept it from me.

Hurt because he didn't consider me important enough to share such information.

"I am sorry" Raj said , his voice was softer than usual.

"Oh now you are sorry" I said rolling my eyes at him.

"I wanted to tell you earlier but-" Raj said but I cut him off.

"But you didn't and choose to keep quite" I said looking at him.

"Trust me, I had planned to tell you today" he said coming closer to me.

"Yeah right before going away, how kind of you Mr.Oberoi" I said taking a step back.

But this man kept on coming closer and as I moved back, my back was pressed against the door.

"You know what, you are a liar you could have said this to me before"
I said .

Liar because he gave me false hopes.

Lair because I fell for his words and gestures.

Hell! It was only me feeling this way.

Maybe it's true that you never actually get your crushes.

"Please don't say that" he said slowly.

"Why not? I thought we were friends" my voice came out as a whisper at last.

"At least friends, to share things but you proved that we are not even friends" I chuckled at my own words.

They were cutting deep and the words were ringing in my head that