10. preparations

in the library

"oh by the way, i'm the traitor," ray said to the three of you, shrugging.

"huh?" emma shouted, confused.

"wait what?" you asked, looking at him with confused eyes. "there was a spy?"

"oh right, you didn't know about that," norman said, walking over to you and sitting down in a chair next to you.

"wait so what does that mean?"

"oh there was a traitor ratting us out to mom," emma explained.

"and that's, ray?"

"yeah, but don't worry. he's still trying to help us," norman told you.

"oh, okay," you said, closing your eyes and resting your head in your arms.

"are you tired?" ray asked.

"no, i'll be fine," you spoke from your arms.

just as you thought they had moved on, you felt arms picking you up and putting you over their shoulder.

when you opened your eyes, you saw ray's face looking at you.

"rest. you're going to need energy for the escape," he told you as he walked down the hall.

"i-i can't sleep for some reason," you told him.

"i'll lay down with you."

"what?" you shrieked, your face turning into a colour that resembled a tomato. "but you can't do that! we only did that when we were children!"

"it's fine," he laughed. "i'm helping you sleep."

the two of you reached your room and he carefully laid you down on your bed. after he took off your shoes and his shoes, he climbed into bed beside you.

once the two of you were in bed together, it was completely silent. the only noise that you could hear was the faint beat of his heart.

you slightly shifted, letting your body relax into the soft sheets.

ray put his arm around you and pulled you closer. his face was in your hair and his arms around your waist.

"ray i-" you started.

"shh, just sleep."

and with that you let the fatigue take over as you slowly drifted away into your dreams.

when you woke up, you saw ray next to you sitting up in the bed and norman and emma standing near the foot of the bed.

"you- you- slept with her? you can't do that!" norman shouted, pointing an accusatory finger at ray, his face completely flushed with a bright red colour.

"relax, i just helped her fell asleep," ray said, ruffling his hair with his hand.

"what did you do to her?" emma shrieked, hugging you tightly.

"em- emma," you said, trying to get out of the tight embrace.

"oops, sorry!" she apologised with a sheepish smile.

"i had a dream," you started. "that we had all escaped together. do you think that it's possible?"

you asked, tears welling up in your eyes as you tightly clutched the blanket in your hands.

"of course," norman said, smiling at you. "we'll make sure of it.

☀︎☀︎☀︎

at night

"sleep my dear child," mama said, laughing. an evil smile spread across her face.

"wait! mama no!" you screamed, covering yourself with your arms.

"go eat her," mama said, laughing and pointing at you.

from the shadows, two demons emerged. they were terrifying.

you awoke with a shock. when you looked around at your surroundings, you realized that you were just in your bed and it was just a dream.

'wait. there's only a week before we have to escape. i can't sleep.' you thought.

you got up out of bed and headed to the library.

in the library you pulled out a book from a shelf and opened it.

inside the book were all different sketches and notes you had took in order to execute the escape properly.

'outfits, drones and medicine are all ready. what else do i need to prepare?' you asked yourslef, checking a few things off of the list that you wrote in the book.

'oh, food!'

"y/n?" you heard a soft voice calling your name.

when you turned your head around, you saw a sleepy anna, rubbing her eyes.

"anna, it's really late, you should go to sleep," you told the girl.

"you should also go to sleep," she said, walking over to you.

"i still need to prepare a few more things for the escape," you told her, looking back at the notebook.

while you were trying to read a long sentence, you felt arms encaging you to the table. you looked over your shoulder and anna's face was just a few inches away from your own.

"what's this?" she asked you.

"o-oh it's note's of things that i need to do for the escape," you told her while you tried to calm your heartbeat down.

"that's a lot," she said, raising her eyebrow and leaning in closer to read the paper.

"it's just the food and shelter part that's left," you said, going back to studying the notes.

"what are you planning to do?" she asked, sitting down the opposite way of the bench.

"for the food situation, i'll learn how to forage for ingredients, cook and bake. i can probably try to sneak some of the non-perishables from the farm. and then for the shelter part, i can figure that out pretty easily."

"i'll learn how to cook and bake with you too!" anna suddenly exclaimed.

"are you sure? it'll be a lot," you told the girl, writing down other things in the book.

"it's fine. i'll do everything i can to make sure that we all escape together!"

"i really hope that it's possible," you said, smiling sadly at her.