And...That's The End

Gus POV (Past)
So that day, I went to meet Bonnie, full of excitement, nerves tingling in my body for the first time in ages. I was anxious and happy at the same time, praying to myself that I didn't screw this up. That I would finally get it correct, for once. That she would be my destiny and my future. That...my curse would be lifted, and I could spend the rest of my life with my saviour, my love. My one.

The grass never looked greener as I strolled through the gardens, and the happy buzzing of everyone around me finally made an impact on my mood, spreading a slow smile across my face. And as I imagined seeing her face among the sea of them ahead of me, I couldn't stop a flutter in my heart.

The changes were already beginning to happen, and finally I was no longer an emotionless shell. That just showed how much my love for her did. And I hoped she would accept me too, with all my heart.

When I walked into the restaurant, I immediately spotted the petite, cute girl waiting for me at one of the tables. She looked a bit red as she waved to me shyly, blushing ever so slightly.

"Hey," I said as I took a seat. "Um...how are things going for you, Bonnie?"

As Bonnie spoke on, all I could do was stare into her eyes, enchanted by their magical depths. And finally she asked me about how Rico was doing, and I had explained the whole story to her.

Gus POV (Present)
"And that's the story of Rico's predicament, as well as you and me," I finished. "Right up to this very moment."

"Wow," Bonnie breathed. "I never thought this day would come."

"What do you mean?" I murmured in confusion.

"Gus, for all I've known you, you've been the sole love of my life. The one and only. The person that ignited the flames of my heart. The true essence of my life, always there to support me. And now that I know you feel the same way...I think, it's high time I did this."

So she grabbed my hands in here, pulled me in, and tilted her lips towards mine.