The mystery

Julia's P. O. V.

I was sitting on the bed I had previously woke up in. Now, knowing that this will be my new room, I decided to make it more comfortable and good enough for me. I'm a really picky type so I always have to do such things, even when we go out somewhere. By 'we', I mean me, my brother, my father, and my mother. No one else.

Uncle Mike had told me everything he said I needed to know about them.

Alphas, Lunas, Betas, Gammas, Warriors, Omegas, etc.

He also gave me a little information about what mates are. I'm seriously still confused on what he meant by scent. Am I supposed to smell my mate? That really sounds weird. I guess I'll just figure it out later. He told me to wait for my mum to tell me everything I needed to know about what mates are, and that is exactly what I have been doing.

Currently, she's sitting on my-supposed-to-be bed and lecturing me on detail about what really mates are.

I won't lie when I'll say that I'm not really listening to anything she says.

All that I understood by now is that, once you get your wolf, you would be able to smell your mate's scent if he/she is close enough and your wolf will automatically detect that your mate is there. It could be human, werewolf, vampire, warlock, fae, etc. You never know whom you might get. As soon as you see them, you will feel the connection, the bond, inside you. Begging you to go and envelope them in a deep hug. Sometimes, the emotions go over the board as well. But that is nothing to be worried about, it's totally natural and normal.

Them, there comes marking, mating, and the most important thing, heat.

The way she had emphasized the word heat, had me wondering what it really was. I kept listening to her.

First comes marking, it has to happen within the first month of meeting your mate, if not, then you can get into heat. If done, you're good to go, no heat for you. It's way better if you don't go into heat, it's really painful.

Before she could go any further, I interrupted her, " What is heat mother? " I felt like I couldn't stop myself from asking that question to her.

"Well, it's-...... "

After one whole another hour of talking....

My cheeks were blushing red at what my mother had just explained to me. I was flabbergasted.

"What?! " I screamed.

"You have to mate. " She repeated throwing it onto my face the most casual way a person can be.

" How are you so calm about this? " I asked her.

"Child, it's fine. It's something that happens with everybody. " She answered.

"Oh." Was all I could say until something clicked on my mind. How could I forget that?! I thought just as someone said, Yeah, how could you?

I turned to look if someone was there but no one was. I turned back again and stared at my mother.

"What? " She asks.

"Who was the woman in our house the other day? " I asked her emhasizing the word.

"Child, I think it's time you know. " She replied in a low tone.

I didn't like the idea of even thinking about what she could really mean by that, but, putting my thoughts aside, I asked her, " There's still something left that I don't know? "

"Well, there's still plenty if you ask me, but, to answer your question, it was your aunt dear. " She told me.

My aunt?! When did she take birth?! I don't even know about anyone else's existence! Other than Uncle Mike of course, he's the only one I like from my father's side of family. I never really met my mother's side, now I know why!

"My aunt?! " I asked her calming a bit down.

She let out a small sigh as she opened her mouth to speak, but suddenly, the door burst open amd a man was standing outside. I didn't recognize him. He wasn't the one who jada dragged me into the dining room to everyone, grinning while dragging me. I'm going to have to ask my mother about him too. I thought as I looked at them with a complete blank stare. Not moving an inch.

He said something in her ear, which, I somehow managed to hear, I was surprised at how I heard it. It nearly seemed impossible. How? How did I even hear that? It looked like you won't even be bale to hear it if you get close enough, when I wasn't even a bit close.

" Everything is prepared. " Is all he had said to my mother, before he left, once again, leaving me and my mom all alone in the room. My-supposed-to-be room. Sounds wierd actually. I seriously need to make it my room before I name it as that.

Certainly not wanting that.

I saw my mother getting up and walking towards the door as she turned to me and said, " Come down stairs in 10 min. Lunch is ready. We can a have a long talk there with everyone else and you can ask all the questions that trouble you. Ok? " She asked and I nodded. She then quietly left.

I got up and decided to change from my nearly worn out clothes but then, remembered, I don't if any of my stuff is here. There's only one way to figure it out! Check it!

I headed straight towards the wardrobe that was to my right and I opened it as I gasped in surprise.

A really empty wardrobe.

Had you for the first half, didn't I?

I decided to just go down in these for once as I was closing the door of the wardrobe in front of me.

I stopped mid-way as I saw something in it.

A glowing red gem?

Never saw something like that ever before. But I surely was hooked by its beauty!

I decided to keep it in one of the drawers that was already inside the wardrobe and I closed the wardrobe door swiflty as I slowly headed towards the dining room quietly.

Not a single sound to be heard.

Who was the woman?

What is the gem?

Why is it with her?

Who is she?....