Shock (1)

Julia's P. O. V.

It was a little bit too quiet for a pack house.

Yes, they explained to me what a pack house is.

I creaked opened the dining room's gate and entered in to see Uncle Mike, father and mother seated on the chairs near the one I was previously seated in.

I headed over to them and gave them a little warm smile as I sat back there.

No one said a thing. We just ate. Like normal people.

Certainly not. A familiar voice said in my head. What is your deal?! I asked the voice in my head being frustrated by it at this point, knowing that this was certainly stupid for me to think that my own subconscious would answer me.

My deal? What's your deal?! Shouldn't you know by now? The same familiar voice asked me back. I was taken aback for a second when I realised I just talked to my subconscious.

I'm not your subconscious! I'm your wolf!! Stupid! It said to me. Oops. Is all that I could answer since I knew that I would get one on my birthday, but, I failed to realize it.

Miserable fail.

Can you not?

Fine. What do I get in return?

What do you want?

Control.

Never mind then.

I finished my food quickly and was staring right into my mother's eyes. Her doing the same, knowing I was simply asking for answers from her.

Uncle Mike had already gone somewhere. I don't know exactly but he does that once every year.

My mother said pulling me out of my thoughts, " Dear, let's answer your questions now. " When father had given her a little nod amd she continued, " So, dear, you know that you never really met anyone of my family right? That's because we are not humans, nor are we werewolves. We're... Something else. Something different. "

"Like what? " I asked her.

"Witches"

Complete silence. No one spoke a single word and I don't think anyone wanted to break this peaceful silence anyway.

After a few minutes I decided to break this awkard silence and I spoke, " That makes sense, but how did I faint on my bed yesterday? I'm quite sure I wasn't lacking any vitamins or that I was feeling low of any sort. "

"Oh right, well, you know the lunch I packed you? It had a little bit of wolfsbane in it that started acting after you came home early. You weren't supposed to tho. We had planned that you will faint in college and we will be called. Then we will take you to the pack house with us. " She answered.

"But why drug me? You could've just asked me to and I would have came! " I exclaimed knowing that I had a point.

" No, we couldn't risk that. " She said.

Couldn't risk it? Does she not trust me? Her own daughter?

You're not even her own daughter.

Oh shut up.

Nope.

Why?

Control.

Keep speaking.

" We knew that if we had told you before hand, it won't make any difference. " She said.

"What do you mean? " I asked her being overall confused.

" Well, you see, we knew very well that if we told you things beforehand, you will start freaking out and won't leave that place. Then, we would still have to inject wolfsbane in you to bring you here. We just shortened the long process. " She answered straight away.

Oh wow, my own mother is thinking like that. Nevermind, she's not even my biological mother. It's not like she is bad to me but still. It just, feels weird. Doesn't it?

It sure does.

Yeah, sure does to you.

"But, why? You could've at least tried telling me things. " I defended.

"Oh sweetie, it wouldn't be of any use. Now now, how about you go and get fresh? I'm sure that you are very tired and would like some rest. I have your clothes in your room already ok? " She said.

"Hm.. Ok. " I said. I didn't want to argue for no reason any more. I just let it slide away. The guard.

Oh right! The guard, how could I forget?!

You forgetful piece of-

Shhhhh.... Don't even try to complete that sentence.

What, why?

There might be kids reading.

Y'know, you just broke the 4th wall?

I could care less about that.

Oh wow.

I got up and went into my room, my-supposed-to-be room. When will I change it?

I noticed the bag of clothes kept neatly at the side of my bed, my-supposed-to-be bed.

Annoying.

Wolf.

What? That doesn't even make sense.

Exactly.

Can you-

Before my wolf could have said anything else, I blocked her out. How did I do that though? I don't know myself.

I got a pair of clothes out and went in the bathroom to get a fresh bath. The decor was really beautiful though.

When I was out, with the clothes on me that I had taken in with me, I saw my father on my bed. Gotta change the whole place I guess.

I went straight to him and sat beside him.  I asked, " What happened father? " He didn't reply for two whole minutes, then decided to break the silence.

" I think I need to tell you something that you should know. " He said with something in his eyes, that I couldn't tell.

"What is it? " I asked him. "It's about your sister. " He replied with a straight face.

"My sister? I don't have a sister though..... " I said with doubtful eyes.

"My child, you forgot about her didn't you? Well then, let me elaborate. " He said to me.

"O... K? " I said as I sat quietly waiting for him to speak up.

"You see, when we found you, we already had a daughter. It wasn't ours of course. We adopted her too. You were both the same age. Some similar features too I guess, but that is a different thing. We soon found out that you were in danger. Some.... Mafia was looking all over the place for you. We didn't know what to do. It was a human on top of it. We couldn't risk getting known in the world of humans. So, we decided to send you away where he won't find you, took your sister with us, and went away from here. Far away in the human town where we were just living. " He told me.

"Oh my.... " Were the only words that could escape my mouth.

Who is her sister?

Who was the guard?

Who is the mafia?

Who is she?......