20. MEET THE PARENT?

“Can't believe you made it

“Can't believe you made it.” Aaron whistles when his eyes meet mine. The eye contact is followed by a befitting bear hug from the guy who's been team captain for years. A bear hug I didn't know I missed, a bear hug I didn't know I needed. 

“Can't believe I made it either.” I say to myself 

“You do realize the press is going to be all over your ass, right?” Nick chimes in and his phone rings. “It's Alex.” He says as he answers and somehow we all gather around him.

“Hey, what's up?” Nick asks and he puts the call on speaker. 

“Jo.” Alex's voice sounds strong and broken at the same time. “We are at the hospital and I'm just calling for some support—”

“Hey, Hang in there, she just needs you to be there already, give it a while, some tears, a little cardiac arrest on your part and Katherine will be there.” Aaron says immediately.

“Fuck, I wish we could be there.” Hudson pipes up. After this, he'll be wedding planning and getting married by the end of the season. 

“She's not even due today, man, she's due next week.” Alex says. For all we know, his hands are all over his hair and his eyes are probably red. He plays a tough guy born into a Mafia household but we all know better.

“Calm down.” Aaron says.

“Yeah genius, why do you think I called?” He laughs, it sounds pained. “She called for me, I'm going.”

“And in a while you'll be a Dad, okay, just breathe man.” Nick says. 

“Yeah, bye, say hi to T for me.” And he hangs up. Everyone looks at me, their eyes asking the obvious. 

I refuse to answer the obvious question. “Why didn't you say anything when you were right here?” 

Thankfully everyone takes the hint, and they don't voice out the obvious. Still the news hits me, my best friend, Jo, the first person I connected with in this group of friends is going to be a mother. Thinking about it makes me want to shed happy tears. Because it means a lot of things. Alexander the grumpy ex Mafia is going to be a Dad, Catalino who we thought was his uncle is going to be a grandfather, and Coach freaking Mike, is going to be a granddad. And we'll have one more child in our family circle. Nick's mom will be excited, everyone will be excited.

I'm I excited? Yes.

Do I want something like that? Yes.

With Ivy? Yes

Will she be open to that? I don't fucking know.

Seeing as she left her phone in my car and I haven't been able to summon the courage to text her and neither has she, I'm guessing I don't don't know what page we're both on. I did pack the phone though, hoping they'd be enough time for us, hoping I'll even run into her by chance in London. It's a big event, we probably wouldn't run into each other.