☁︎ 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐮𝐬 𝐥𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐧 - 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 ☁︎

"Moon?" That quiet voice rang through the gryffindor common room

"Moon?" That quiet voice rang through the gryffindor common room. There was only one person who called him moon, and it was her — for moony was only held by Sirius. Remus glanced up from his book he'd been engrossed in, his mocha eyes darting over her face.

"What is it, darling?" He asked cooly, collectedly. The scars that littered his skin were seemingly always present, then again, the full moon had only just recently passed. His lycanthropy.. such a pesky thing.

She pulled her robe tighter over her body. Her eyes were dark, restless, with bags sitting under them. She struggled for a moment to keep them open. "Could I sleep with you?"

His heart skipped a beat, as it always did when she asked such a question. He couldn't stop himself from giving her a soft, almost wistful look. His mocha eyes took her in as he thought about the last time she asked.

"You don't need to ask, my darling." He spoke quietly. Remus rose slowly, his muscles rippling beneath his uniform. Walking across the room, he stepped towards her, reaching out to tuck a lock of dark hair behind her ear.

She let out a yawn, quickly covering her mouth with her hand. She practically threw herself against him as she rested her head on his chest. He was much taller than her, she didn't even pass his shoulders.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin atop of her head. "Has someone not been sleeping again?" He asked quietly, his fingers tracing patterns along her back. He always hated when she didn't sleep well, it meant he couldn't rest well either.

"I've been having a hard time." She admitted. "I got so used to having you next to me. The bed felt empty." She fluttered her eyes closed, taking in his comforting scent.

"You know that's how I feel when you're not there." He admitted, his lips pulling into a soft smile. He brushed his thumb along her shoulder, gently, his hands wanting to take more of a grip. "Do you need me to bring you something? Some herbal tea maybe? A glass of milk to help you sleep?" He asked softly.

Her heart fluttered as he asked her such simple questions, the thought and care behind them made her breath hitch for a moment. "Just you. Can you take me to your room?" She must admit, she felt too tired to move on her own, struggling enough to stand as she went to find him only moments ago.

"Of course I can." Remus murmured, his hands coming to rest on her bum to pick her up softly. She was rather petite for a young woman, but he always thought it adorable. He started to carry her out of the common room, towards the spiral staircase, and to a quiet corridor. He stopped in front of a particular door, opening it slowly to reveal his room.

She nuzzled her face into the crook of his neck the moment he picked her up. Even with such a short walk, she found herself already dozing off in his embrace.

His grip on her tightened ever so slightly when he realized she was practically asleep. He knew how tiring lack of sleep can be. Taking a few steps, he carried her to his bed, pulling the light and soft duvet over her as he laid her down. Remus held her close, he didn't want to let her go ever.