2-Ruth

Christian Walker was hot. And that was all I could think of during the entire meeting.

My morning had been long and crappy. Leah's nanny had canceled and I had to drive her to school and the older kids had a function so the roads were completely jammed.

By the time I got to the office, I was half an hour late and everyone was giving me glares. Of course, we were using my building, so no one had the nerve to say more.

I had texted Dante and Caeser that I was going to be late, but he was still pissed about it and he couldn't tell the others about it because not many knew about my daughter.

I didn't like sharing things or even trusting people. Of course, it was in the magazines, but no one read it in detail and I refrained from taking her to any events that might expose her too much.

I took her to dinners where the media wasn't present, and I knew there was only a matter of time before they brought her into the spotlight, but I wanted to protect her for as long as I could.

The moment I entered the room, my eyes narrowed in on the stranger sitting beside my brother in a navy blue shit and a black blazer. He was trying to look casual, but there was something about the way his tie was hanging slightly loosely and the way that his sparkling blue eyes met mine that made my heart stop for a good moment.

Finding men attractive for normal for women at my age, but the way he distracted me, I almost forgot there were other people in the room.

His hand felt warm around mine like a blanket on a cold day and I almost hoped that he was one of the gentlemen out of the movies and would kiss the back of my hand.

When he didn't, I pulled back and turned to Dante, trying to ignore his prominent presence. Christian Walker was getting into my head.

My brother had always talked about him, but he had obviously never mentioned how gorgeous his partner really was. Perhaps I could convince Dante to set me up with Christian.

With those thoughts, I sat down, plopping my feet up on the table, and turning to the other people in the room. They had to know who was in power there.

I knew Caeser wasn't really mad. He knew my reasons, and he was aware that I wasn't compromising when it came to Leah. That was my one condition after she was born and they pulled me back into their worlds, but he wasn't happy with my arrogance and he had mentioned that my attitude had taken a bad turn in the last few years.

Diana looked pissed at me. I was informed beforehand of the mission and the team and I knew enough about her to know that she was going to hate me and I was going to love annoying her.

After the meeting ended Diana and Aiden left immediately, probably due to my lack of hospitality. Dante stayed back along with Caeser while seeing the others leave, Christian rose to his feet.

"You coming along?" he asked Dante, who looked like he was in no mood to leave.

"No. And you aren't leaving either!" I answered boldly, pacing towards the two of them. I was aware of how slightly red my cheeks had turned and how my usual confidence had faded away.

Dante inclined to his side to have a better view of my face, most likely to know what game I was playing, but I ignored him and stared straight up at Christian with a hand on my waist. "You're the hacking guy, right?

"A guy just loves to be known that way, but yes, I am,"

"Oh, well, I can remember you as the guy who blew my mind but we'll get to that later." Stop talking. Stop talking. JUST STOP TALKING. "I needed your help with something,"