15- Christian/Ruth

I ended the call and then pressed a button accepting the request to transfer the files to Dante's computer and then pressed another button that cut off access of everyone to the outside world.

Richard looked at me suspiciously but before he could say anything, a guard called him.

"Sir, there's something wrong,"

Richard's eyes darted to the two of us, before he asked in a low, threatening voice, "What the hell did you two do?"

I only smiled as the guard said, "The comms are down!"

I smiled in triumph as Richard pointed a gun towards me but before he could pull the trigger, a shot pushed it out of his hands.

The guards turned in Ruth's direction but didn't dare shoot without orders. Richard wailed in pain and Ruth fired another bullet, this one piercing his jaw.

So he couldn't give any orders.

Two of the guards rushed to his aid and just as Richard managed to signal them to kill us, we shot first.

Through their heads.

They fell to the floor and more guards started rushing in and Ruth looked up at me with bloodshot eyes and I remembered that she had been drugged.

"What's the plan?" she asked, and the question made sense. Richard would kill us if he knew he was going to jail either way. He wouldn't let us breathe.

"Back up will be here any minute now," she nodded, her eyes full of despair.

"We need to go back to the hall,"

I knew that she was right, but the door was blocked by the guards entering. She took my hand and pulled me into another part of the room.

"According to Caeser, there should be a door here," she muttered, and just like she had predicted, there was one. She pushed it open and it led us out to the hallway, nowhere safe, but perhaps safer if it had just taken away any sort of cover we could've had.

Just as that thought crossed my head, men in black started walking down the hallway, with Dante leading them.

Ruth sighed in relief before running in his direction and letting herself fall in his arms.

"She was drugged," I informed him and he cursed and asked his men to check out Richard's room.

"I think Richard was just exaggerating," she mumbled, and I could see that she was trying very hard to keep her eyes open.

"Get her out of here, Walker," I nodded and pulled her into my arms. We exited through a backdoor, with a safe passage provided by Dante's men.

I put her in the car and drove her to my place, hoping that she was right and that Richard was just exaggerating.

I poured her a glass of water and had her drink it whole. "I am fine," she said but didn't turn down the water.

I watched as she pressed her eyes closed and leaned her head against a wall to her side. "You can stay the night if you want..." I offered but she immediately shook her head and her eyes shot open.

She looked instantly better and there was a fire in her eyes. She pulled out her phone and dialed a number and put it to her ear with a smirk that definitely belonged to her. "I need a car. I am sending you the address,"

She cut the call and strung her purse from her shoulder. "Where are you-" I started, getting in her path to stop her from walking away and she stopped and took a step back.