10-Ruth/Christian

I had been working at E. Y. E for almost two decades, and I had dealt with almost everything there was to see. Murderers, serial killers, human traffickers, black market, government scandals, everything.

But I wasn't in the board of directors, and hence, they never used my wisdom to handle their affairs, which was pretty stupid if you asked me but there wasn't much I could do to alter that.

E. Y. E had created me, but along with me, it had also created monsters. And it hadn't just created them, it had fed them power on a spoon of silver.

E. Y. E was known for making and breaking people, and just like that, it had made the most brilliant and infamous pair of thieves, Mr. and Mrs. Anonymous, fondly known as Alejandro and Antsiyanah.

Both of them were sociopaths, but with them, was Adeline. Adeline was a mastermind I wish I had never met. She would put hay stack by stack, without anyone noticing, and then light a match and burn the entire place down.

Adeline was the most dangerous woman alive, even worse than me, and that was saying something.

I crossed my fingers and hoped that despite how Alejandro had resurfaced, they wouldn't set Adeline free.

Setting her free would be catastrophic for everyone, and therefore, I headed to Paris myself for damage control, to not let things get out of hand.

Dante had already left for Paris the day before, and he was better at handling it with him having an entire squad of people with guns that he had taken along, but I had to go, I was better at convincing people.

I had to drop Leah off at my former mother-in-law's place before going to catch my flight. I had barely made it in time when Christian called me.

I told him I was going to Paris and he only stared in horror and some sort of amazement, I suppose, because of the sudden trip.

I had almost considered dropping Leah off at Christian's place, but I didn't want to burden him any more than I had.

"Why?" he asked me.

"There's an E.Y.E situation. I had to get there as soon as possible. I would have left yesterday if it weren't for my period,"

He nodded in understanding before saying, "I am returning those suits to you, along with everything else. It's too much, Ruth, I can't accept it,"

"I know. But you will."

"Why?"

"Because I am asking you to. And I will be very upset if you were to return my gifts," I replied with a pout.

It seemed to do the trick because he rolled his eyes before sighing in defeat.

"These are the last things you're giving me,"

"We'll talk about that later," I winked and didn't give him a chance to argue by cutting the call beforehand.

In a few hours, we landed in Paris, amidst the havoc created by Alejandro.

I was close to him, and he was a good friend, but he had forgotten to weigh the consequences of his actions.

He was going to create a lot of problems for him and Antsiyanah along with the rest of us.

Adeline was good at influencing people, and he was giving her another opportunity to convince the directors to let her out.

I landed at the airport to find a taxi waiting to take me to the base of E.Y.E in Paris. It took me about half an hour to get there and I was received by Camaleonte. She was a top agent, in the same position as me, but the thing about her was that Camaleonte was always undercover.