Eight

Killian knew that Edward being back could sent their new found peace in the world into a shit show

Killian knew that Edward being back could sent their new found peace in the world into a shit show. He knew what his sister was to the Cold one. He not only had to protect his sister from the bronze haired Cullen, but now his mate as well. 

Rose had told him all about his personal distaste for her. It had all started when she was first turned. Carlisle knew the Cullen boy was lonely and he had hoped that Rose becoming apart of the family, the two would be able to bond together. This didn't happen. Rose had been through a traumatic event before being turned, and her trust, especially in men, had completely stopped. She protected herself to keep herself safe. The reason for the beginning distaste for her newly adopted brother stemmed from his gift. 

The Hale girl felt as if her mind was the one thing she had. She failed at protecting herself physically as a human, and now as a vampire she knew that would never be able to happen again. Her thoughts though, were the one thing she wasn't able to protect around Edward. She wanted to be able to be free after being confined for so long. But this wasn't the case.

The second reasoning behind this was Rose's need to get revenge. To her, revenge was a form of closure she needed (While Killian agreed, he would have dragged it out a lot longer). Edward shamed the girl for her killing. She believed it was hypocritical of him seeing how he had just gotten back from his own killing spree. He killed people who had bad thoughts, Rose killed the men that killed her and caused so much pain for years afterwards. 

Killian realized that with Edward and Rose's history, this little family reunion would not be a pleasant one. Rose now had something that Edward had been tortured with the thought for decades. The Hale girl now had some sense of humanity. 

She didn't have the type of humanity that many would think of, in a spiritual sense, but she had it in a more physical way. The Hale now had a beating heart, her eyes would slowly revert back to her human ones, she would bleed actual blood, and there was a chance of her having children. These were all things that were often deemed as human abilities. She'd be able to fit in more into society, be 'normal.'

Pulling away from the girl in front of him, Killian softly cupped her face saying, "I'll be right along side you. There is no need to be afraid because I will always protect you sweetheart."

Rosalie smiled lovingly at her mate, wondering how she had gotten so lucky with a man like him. She kissed the palm of his hand on her cheek before pulling away. 

"Okay. Let's do this!" She states before straightening her back and walking back towards the house with her head held high. 

The Swan boy followed close behind, his heart filled with nothing but pride as he watched his mate about to face her adopted brother head on. As they grew near the Cullen residents, Killian made sure to stand close behind the Hale just in case something happened. He didn't think the Mind reader was stupid enough to actually do something with him there.