One

"Mom stop worrying, Bella and I will be fine I promise," Killian tell his mother as she nervously bites her nails as they stand in the airport

Killian Swan as always been one to put others before himself, especially those he loves. When he see's his mother, Renee, start to freak out at the thought of her kids leaving to go see their dad, Charlie, in Forks, Killian instantly hides his nerves and goes to calm down his mother.

"I know you will, but its your sister that worries me," they both glances at his little sister, Bella, as she awkwardly hugs Phil goodbye. Killian shake his head and chuckle, knowing just how uncomfortable she really is. 

"I'll look after her, I always do," he grabs Renee's hands in reassurance, calming her a little. 

"I know you will,"  she sighs, "but you know how Bella get's around new people."

"That's why I'll be there to make sure she's okay."

"I knew there was a reason I kept you around," she jokes, caressing her son cheek like she use to when he was younger. 

"Killian!" Bella says grabbing my attention. "It's time to board the plane."

Killian nods at his sister and returns his gaze to Renee, "We'll be fine, I love you." He jogs over to Bella who's waiting patiently for him.

"What did Mom want?" Bella questions his brother, wondering why their mother was treating him like he was a young boy again.

"She wants me to protect your pretty little ass from all the boys your gonna attract," he tells her with a smirk, throwing his arm over her shoulders. "But the jobs easy, seeing how your too shy to talk to anyone."

She pushes him away with a small smile, loving how her brother will protect her no matter what, "Your such an ass!"

"Oh baby sister, that one hurt," Killian puts his hands over his heart sarcastically. 

"Shut up," Bella rolls her eyes and continues onto the plane. Killian chuckles at his sister, shaking his head, but quickly jogs to catch up with her. This is how it's always been between the siblings, Bella being her shy and awkward self, and Killian always being there to make sure she's comfortable by using his sarcastic comments. 

~

The Swan siblings land in Portland, due to the fact the Forks Washington is too small to have airport, and quickly grab their luggage. Bella struggles with carrying hers with her twig arms, so Killian swiftly grab it off her shoulders and place it onto his. 

"Killian," she groans, upset with the fact that he never lets her do anything herself, "you didn't have to do that."

"Oh I know, but what else am I going to use these big muscles for," he tell her cockily, flexing his arm muscles at her. 

She giggles at her older brothers antics, "I thought they were to scare boys away from me."

"Well, that too," he tells her with a smile.