Chapter Two (Revised)

You (10:00 AM): Sarah... You're not going to believe who's replacing Professor Mann for history!

You (10:01 AM): That hottie from the diner!

I smile up at him as he locks eyes with me. Was that disappointment I was seeing? I gaze over his features as he looks away from me to address the class. "Good mornin' everyone!" Oh god, that accent. He was clearly from the south. "I'm Professor Presley, and I'm gonna be here for as long as the university needs me. Hopefully it isn't too long, I'd like to see your usual professor get better." He sets a folder down on the table as well as a leather bag, then heads to the board.

I bite my lip and watch him in his striped jacket, black and white shirt, black slacks, and black and white loafers as he begins to write something pertaining to the class. This is going to be a fun class. My phone buzzes, distracting me momentarily. I unlock it and look down at Sarah's text.

Sarah (10:05 AM): There's no way! You better stay and see him after class, girl!

I smile and put my phone away as he turns back to address the class. "Okay, in the lesson plans I received, we are supposed to start discussing the book that Professor Mann assigned for you to read on Monday mornin'. However, as I'm sure most of you forgot, or weren't payin' much attention, we'll forget about the book for now." I watch him as he pulls a stack of papers out of his folder, grabs a pen from his pocket, and writes something on just the top paper. He walks over and sets the first paper down in front of me, "I am passin' around the topic list for your first assignment. Since you all have, at the very least, taken history in high school, you should have some understandin' of it." He makes his way down each row, handing each person a paper just as Professor Mann would.

I watch as girls gawk at him when he hands them a paper, and I roll my eyes. Not that I blame them, it just seemed stupid that they were being so obvious about it. Remembering that he'd written something on my paper, I look down at it. "Please see me in my office after class. Chamberlain Hall, room 205. There's something I would like to discuss with you." I blush as I read the note, then look up to find him watching me quietly from the front.

"Since I have no other plans for today, I'm gonna let you all go early! Please make sure you get started on this assignment. It'll be due Monday mornin' when your gorgeous faces step through the door. Read the next three chapters in the book, and please be prepared to discuss on Friday!" He yells as students get up and dismiss themselves.

Quietly, I get up, grab my bag, and make my way out of the lecture hall. He wanted to meet me after class? What could he want to talk about?

Outside the room, I bump into Sarah and nearly fall over. "Hey Ris! Slow down!" She speeds up to keep next to me, "How was class with Professor hottie?"

I smile and look over at her, slowing my pace a bit, "Well, he let us all go early. And I have to go to his office."

She grabs hold of my arm and stops walking, forcing me to stop as well, "Why? Did you get yourself in trouble on your first day?"

I shake my head and laugh, "No! Nothing like that." I hold up the paper Professor Presley had given me and show it to her, "He just asked me to come by his office after class. There's something he needs to speak with me about."

Sarah raises her brows at me, "You better get your butt over to his office and find out what he wants then!"

I laugh as she pushes on me, urging me forward, "Alright! I'm going! I'll text you everything later." I wave to her as she turns and leaves me.

I make my way to Chamberlain and find the right office number. I knock lightly at the door. When there's no answer, I decide to lean against the wall and just wait. As I wait, I try to think about what he could possibly want to talk to me about, but my brain has a different idea. Imagine running your fingers through that jet black hair, I bet it's so soft. I wonder how he kisses... It's gotta be good, since his lips are so plump. Could you imagine those lips someplace else?