Chapter Eight

Partway through the movie, I take our empty dishes to the kitchen and bring us each out a piece of cake. I settle down beside Elvis and resume watching the movie. He smiles at me, "Do you want me to rewind for you?"

I shake my head, "No, I've seen the movie enough times to know what happened while I was away." He nods and kisses my cheek gently.

Elvis finishes his cake way before me and sets his plate on the table. When he sits back, he pulls me towards him and leans me back against his chest. I was glad that this wasn't just a sexual relationship. He seemed to want more than that. I glance up at him and smile. He kisses me gently, his tongue skating across my bottom lip. As he pulls back, he grins, "You had some chocolate on your lip. Don't worry, I got it!"

I giggle and set my empty plate down, "Hey, why don't you do that again?"

He leans in and kisses me again, this time, delving his tongue between my lips. I tilt my head up to him as he swirls his tongue around mine.

Heat blazes through my body as he kisses me passionately. I turn in his arms, straddling his lap as we kiss.

He tugs the ends of my hair as he breaks the kiss, forcing my head backwards. His lips trail down my neck to my collarbones. He nips as he kisses, causing me to stifle a moan.

The movie ends, but neither of us seem to really notice, or care for that matter. Elvis had his fingers sliding slowly up my sweater to my braless chest. His fingertips graze the underside of my breasts and I shutter. I look down at him and bite my lip, "What are you trying to do to me?"

He shrugs lightly, "Nothin' other than attemptin' to drive you crazy."

I smirk and study his face for a moment; something seemed wrong. I tilt my head slightly and touch his cheeks, "Your face feels a little puffy..."

Elvis curses silently under his breath, "I have a mild allergy to chocolate... I get a little puffy is all."

I become filled with concern, "Should I take you to the hospital?"

He shakes his head, "No, I just need an antihistamine."

I nod, "Oh. Well, I guess I can get you that." I climb off of him and rush to the downstairs bathroom. I grab the Benadryl from the medicine cabinet and bring it out to him, "One or two?"

He smiles softly, "Two please." I hand him the pills, then run to the kitchen and grab him a glass of water. I bring it out and hand it to him, watching to make sure he takes the pills. He chuckles, "Honey, calm down. I'm gonna be alright."

I watch him and nod slowly, "I know... It's just scary."

Elvis sighs softly and pulls me into his lap, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you or anythin'. I'm gonna be alright. As soon as the medicine kicks in, I'll be good as new."

I smile, "Okay, I guess I can calm down now. But I'm not giving you any more of that cake!"

He pouts, "But what if I really want some?"

I shake my head, "I said no. I don't need to take you to the hospital because you're so puffy that you can't breathe!"

He sets his head against him and sighs, the air blows across my ear, causing me to shudder. "I guess I won't ask for any more chocolate."