Chapter 30: Job

CHAPTER 30!! OMGG. THIS JOURNEY HAS BEEN AMAZINGGG! I JUST WANNA SAY A MASSIVE THANK YOU TO YOU ALL!!! ILYSMMM<3

TW: SH, Anorexia Mentions + more x.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Charlies POV:

I wake up at 6:45AM because I have to start getting ready for my first day back at work. I work as a councillor at Truham and Higgs. Nick is the rugby teacher there but he only works at the school when he hasn't got matches so if anything goes wrong I can see him. Blaze and Ollie both go to truham. Blaze is in year 1 and Ollie is in Year 7 now. I roll myself out of bed, Nick is already in the shower so I go to feed the babies. After the babies are fed, I go to our bathroom to have a shower. Nick kisses me on the lips. "Good morning Mr Nelson." He says. "Good morning Mr Nelson to you too." I reply. We make out for about 2 minutes until then I actually have to get in the shower so I smile and get in the shower. After I've got out the shower, I go downstairs to make myself my lunch that I probably won't end up eating but I still have to pack something small else Nick will worry. "Papa!!!!" Blaze says. "Blaze! How are you? You excited for your first day of school?" I ask. "Yeah! I so excited."

"That's good! Do you want to get your big boy clothes on?" I ask. "Yessss!!!" He goes and runs to his room and then starts to get himself dress. I'm so excited to see Ollie because he is actually one of my students for council. "Charlie, have you packed a lunch?" Nick says after wrapping his arms around my stomach and putting his head on my shoulder. "Mhm, Have you got the babies and Blaze in the car?" "Yup." I grab my bag and then go and drive to school with Nick. I then walk into my room in Truham because I've got a day at truham today. "Okay Char, just know you can see me whenever you want if you need to." I smile, give him a kiss and nod. "Bye" "Bye" We both say. I sit down and sigh. I look at my timetable and realise my first student is Ollie. As I go to collect him, he just runs into my arms and bursts into tears. I take him to my office. "Ol, are you alright?" I ask. "N-no, mum got arrested, you know that, but I.. I..." He just rolls up his sleeves. "Oh Ollie.." I say. "Please don't be mad Charlie I'm really sorry, it just got so hard to cope and i-" I cut him off. "Ollie, I did the exact same thing as a kid. It will get better." I say. It hasn't gotten better for me yet, I'm slowly getting there but there's bad and good days. "Thank you char, I love you." "I love you too Ollie, how about I can arrange something with you and Tori? Tori would be more than happy to take you in." I say, I then get out my phone and ring tori.

*Hello charlie*
*hey tori! Uh I've got a really important question.*
*okay, what?*
*You know the whole situation with Ollie, could you like.. take him in? Dad is never home anymore and mum got arrested.*
*Of course, tell him I'll pick him up after school and we can get his stuff.*
*okay bye*
*bye*

We end the call. "Tori said she'll take you home for the last time to get your stuff then you can go to hers." Oli let's out a deep sigh. A sigh of relief. "Thank you so fucking much Charlie. Also Charlie, uh would it be okay if I ever turned up at your unannounced? Or like if I needed you late at night and called you or came to yours?" "Of fucking course, you're my brother ol, I would do anything for you." Ollie and I hug. Our session then ends and it's time for recess so I go to the teachers lounge. I then see MR Farouk and MR Ajayi. Their still together and actually have 2 kids, Max and Joseph. "Mr farouk!?! Mr Ajayi!?!" I say. "Charlie!!!" They wave and we start talking. I tell them how I've got 3 kids and they tell me about Max and Joseph until recess is over so I have to get my next couple of students as it's a group session. They are all between year 5 and 6. I grab all the students and take them to my office. "Okay guys, in this session we are going to just learn some stuff about eachother as you will be seeing eachother every Monday." They all nod. "I'll go first you guys can ask me anything and I will answer honestly." I say. One student, Ezra puts her hand up. "Not to be offensive but you've got the same last name as the PE teacher, Nick, are you somewhat married or related?" She asks. "We are actually married! We've been married for about 7 years now!" I reply. This makes them all seem alot more comfortable knowing that they can talk to me about anything. Then Joseline puts her hand up. "Is it okay if i have some advice, I'm sorry it's not a question but I'm in a bit of a... situation. I like this girl but I don't know if she's LGBTQ+ so now I'm too scared to ask her out." I giggle. "You know, at first Nick was straight, like very heterosexual. He wasn't homophobic but NOBODY thought he was Bi until we kissed at a party and he realised he was. I would say go for it but if you ever need any help, im here." I say. We then chat for a while longer and I finish up before going home.

I get home with Nick and I put my lunchbox at the counter staring at it sadly. "Oh Char... it's okay my love." He says "I will try to eat all my dinner but I remember! No pressure." We both let out a small giggle. Nick goes to make dinner and he then plates it up. "My favourite! Chicken pasta!!!"

Charlie goes to get blaze and sit him down whilst I sit down. He then demolishes his meal within 15 minutes, I haven't seen him eat this fast before. Then I ask blaze. "How was your first day of big boy school!?" "It was so fun! I did hand paint and paint rocks!!" He says happily. He is just the sweetest boy.

Today was a good day.

-------------------------------------------------------------
ONE THOUSAND WORDS!?!? I HAVENT WROTE THIS MUCH FOR MONTHSSS!! TYSM FOR ALL YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT, I COULDNT DO IT WITHOUT YOU ALL!! XXX💝