4 | A loss of control.

Trigger Warning: Sexual assault!

Andie hated showing her feelings, letting her guard down. She took pride in being closed off because that meant that she wouldn't get hurt.

The worst part of betrayal is the fact that it comes from people close to you and not your enemies

But she had shown her weak side to Scarlett and that went against her rules. Even though she didn't want to, she felt herself growing attached to Scarlett.

Andie knew her dad was home the moment she stepped through the front door and by the sounds of it, he had fucking Ryle over again. Unfortunately, she wasn't quiet enough and they heard her.

"Andie?" Her dad's voice echoed through the apartment.

"Yeah?" She replied as she tried hard to make her voice not shake.

"Can you come and bring me a beer?" Dad shouted.

"Can't, sorry!" Andie responded and headed for her room.

She managed to make it up the stairs before a dark figure appeared in the kitchen. It was too big to be dad, which could only mean one thing.

No, no, no please no.

Andie walked faster but he was taller and his paces were quicker than hers. Within seconds he had his arm around her wrist, pulling her up the stairs. She couldn't speak, the shock making her mute. He made his way into the shared bathroom upstairs, shoved Andie inside and locking the door. Ryle looked at her with his dark eyes and dark smile.

"Please" She croaked, tears pooling in her eyes.

Ryle just smiled, showing his yellow teeth.

--

When he was done he just left her there, bleeding on the white and black bathroom tiles. As he was walking out from the small bathroom, he pulled up his pants and looked at Andie.

"Don't tell your dad, yeah?" He muttered and shut the door behind him.

Dad wouldn't care anyways, he never did.

Andie was shaking, everything down there hurting. Somehow she managed to pull herself up from the floor and into the shower. She didn't even take her clothes off, just turned on the water on the hottest setting. Sitting on the floor of the shower, she let the hot water almost burn her skin. Andie watched the red, tainted water run down the drain, disappearing with the version of her that Ryle had killed.

An hour later Andie heard the front door shut and lock below her. He was gone so she could finally exit the bathroom. Andie managed to walk halfway through the corridor before she felt her stomach turn. She just managed to make it back to the bathroom before the contents of her stomach came up. Maybe it was her body's way of getting rid of every last trace of him.

Andie didn't sleep that night. She laid in bed, ears on point just in case he came back. He didn't, the house was quiet.

The morning after was almost worse than the night. It was like the sun was taunting her, rubbing it in. Laughing at the fact that Andie couldn't sleep, that it was her fault. The guilt was overwhelming, tightening her chest so that she couldn't breathe when she finally made her way downstairs. A note was stuck to the fridge in dads handwriting.

Going out of town with Ryle, back on Tuesday.

So he wasn't coming back until Tuesday and it was Saturday. That was good, that meant that she was safe for a few days.

--

Andie really didn't feel like going to school, but it felt better than staying home. She hadn't been able to keep any food down and had barely slept so she was exhausted. Lilly had decided to ignore her and sit with Dylan, her boyfriend. Other days Andie would probably have taken offence to that but today she didn't care. She actually preferred to be alone, but she knew that eventually Lilly would get bored and come back to her.