12 | Sleep.

When Scarlett came downstairs the next morning she wasn't prepared to see Colin and Andie in the middle of a game of monopoly in the living room. They were sat on the floor around the coffee table, Andie's side looking a lot fuller than Colin's. Colin threw the dice and groaned when he stepped onto one of Andie's roads. She snickered as she accepted his money, making him grimace in return. They hadn't noticed Scarlett as she stood there dressed in a bathrobe and fluffy slippers so she cleared her throat. Andie and Colin snapped their head up at her at the same time, making her giggle.

"Oh hey," Colin smiled "we're just in the middle of a monopoly game."

"I can see that," Scarlett chuckled, adjusting the waistband on her bathrobe "I can also see that you are getting your ass handed to you."

His eyebrows furred as he crossed his arms and glared at Scarlett.

"I am not!" He retorted.

"You so are." Andie chimed in, grinning as she pointed to his (very small) stack of Monopoly money. "Remind me what the winner gets again?"

Colin narrowed his eyes in a threatening way as Andie smirked at him, the same smirk as Scarlett often wore.

"The loser has to buy the winner doughnuts." He muttered, handing the two dices over to Andie.

The two dices rolled against the cardboard board, stopping to reveal a 4 and a 6. Andie grinned as she counted her steps with her piece, stooping at the 'Free Parking' spot on the board.

"Cheater." Colin muttered, shaking his head.

Rose came thundering down the stairs a few minutes later, yapping in 100 miles per hour about a dream she'd had. Scarlett couldn't help but notice how Andie reacted to the sudden appearance of sound. She tensed up, almost flinching as Rose made her way down the stairs.

"Well," Colin interrupted Rose's yapping "I think Andie won, so I guess I'm buying doughnuts after breakfast."

The small blonde lit up at the word 'doughnuts' but Scarlett told her 'breakfast first'. As the two blondes made their way into the kitchen Colin spoke, his voice soft and understanding.

"Not a fan of loud sounds?"

Andie shook her head, feeling slightly embarrassed. Sound was always something that she didn't really like, the way it made her freeze when it got too loud or how it could overwhelm her. She didn't want to get overwhelmed, especially not here. Not in front of Scarlett at least. She didn't deserve another small child she had to look after. No, Andie had to act her age.

They started putting away the game, carefully placing the pieces in their assigned spots in the plastic. The plastic crackled as Andie pushed in the final piece before closing the box and handing it to Colin.

"I should probably go and get Cosmo." He sent her a tired smile before walking upstairs leaving Andie alone in their living room.

"Andie, breakfast!" Scarlett called from the kitchen, giving Andie a reason to leave the living room.

Rose was jumping up and down when Andie entered the kitchen while Scarlett was putting eggos on a plate.

"Hey hun, sleep well?" Her innocent question stung, the guilt feeding the knot in her stomach.

Andie hummed a response, rubbing the back of her neck. She hadn't really slept at all, but Scarlett couldn't do anything about that anyways. She didn't need another reason to worry.

"Can Andie sit next to me during breakfast, please?" Rose whined, holding on to the last word in a pleading way.

"If Andie want to then yes." Scarlett agreed, glancing over at Andie, giving her an 'is that okay with you' look.