Truth or.. truth

When I woke up the light was too blinding for me to open my eyes and my head still spun. I faded in and out of consciousness as I heard voices. "Dammit Emma, you need to wake up. Please wake up. This is all my fault,"

The voice faded out.

"I swear just wake up, I'll make sure you stay safe this-" I faded into unconsciousness again.

The next time I woke up the same voice was arguing, but I couldn't make out the words. Whatever it was, they didn't like it. I faded out again.

When I opened my eyes I was in the nurse's office. The taste of metal was still in my mouth and I remembered what had happened. I looked around and saw Kyle standing in the corner. The nurse came in and began checking my vitals.

"Oh, I've got her from here, don't worry about it" Kyle said with a heartbreaker smile. The nurse surprisingly left.

"What?" I began, but he clamped a hand on my mouth. I smelled morphine and tried to fight.

I heard the voices before I opened my eyes, I couldn't make out any particular voice but the words were clear enough.

"I don't care, I don't think this is a good idea. She's still just a normal person. You never know what she's going to think. She's friends with bloodsuckers too. Plus it's too dangerous for her."

"I'm sorry, we have absolutely no choice. She has to be introduced to the idea of us before they take control of her or brainwash her."

I opened my eyes in an unfamiliar room. It was brightly lit and full of computers and gadgets. Everywhere I looked were more machines. That may be why I didn't notice the man sitting across the room from me.

"Hello, My name is Jeremy, agent Jeremy of the code red organization." He must have seen the confusion on my face, he continued quickly, "Oh, please don't be alarmed. I know this is all very strange right now, but it will make sense."

"You're probably wondering where you are," Jeremy continued. I just stared. Honestly, I hadn't even gotten that far. "Well, this is the base of the old A-team, now known as the Code Red Organization."

Why did you bring me here? And what about the knockout gas Kyle used on me, are you and Kyle working together? A team? Like Kyle's parents? The questions jumbled together in my head but nothing came out of my mouth. I still felt like I was in a stupor.

"Kyle-" was all I could say.

"Okay, Kyle is part of Code Red. What you may not realize is that your power is the most powerful in the school."

"I hate it." I cut him off, "I won't use it."

"Alright , I suppose that would change things but we have seen you use it twice now. Once against a group that was threatening you and once against one of our own spies."

"How-" I paused, "Plus, why does my power matter?"

"You have a very important power. You see, many political matters are in unrest and we are on the edge of some major conflict, we don't want that as it's going to lead to the loss of innocent lives. The other side plans to kidnap you for your power. They already have you under surveillance as well and have managed to get you into their system. Mr. Drake is one of them. That's why you have been under his control for so long."

"He doesn't control me, I could leave if I wanted." But even as I said it I wondered if it was a lie, I hated Mr. Drake. Everything fit into place just too perfectly.

The next person into the room was Kyle himself. "Hey, sorry about knocking you out, and um kidnapping you." He sat down in the chair opposite Jeremy, closer to me."So, anything you want an answer to? We kinda owe you that."