Chapter Four

SANELE

Today my "wife to be" is coming and I'm so happy...I'm just being sarcastic.

Since the news hit that she's coming the house has been busy. Mabusi who is Bhekumbuso's wife and a mother figure to us has been preparing the guest bedroom making sure it's prefect for her makoti.

I even lost count of how many times we had to change the bedsheets because they didn't match the curtains or the curtains didn't match the aesthetic of the room. I don't get the fuss I mean she's not even the real ndlovu makoti she's only here because of the sake of peace and an alliance with the Modises.

I don't have time to stress about her, I've more pressing matters to stress about we found out that there is a mole in our territory who has been selling us out to the Ngcobos.

And as usually I have to deal with this shit. Nkosi decided to be part of the committee that's going to be fetching the enemy.

My fist crashes into the man's jaw with a sharp crack. "Khuluma wena nja ukuchitha isikhathi sami nginendawo engizoba kuyo."

He moans as blood drips from his mouth onto the floor.

"Votsek," Zakes bleats through a mouth full of blood.

I punched him again and again until a few drops of his blood land on my white shirt.

"Ngokuzayo lapho uvula umlomo wakho, qiniseka ukuthi yilokho engifuna ukukuzwa."

Vusi lets out a sigh."Mhlawumbe akazi lutho ngempela. Uyinja nje engakhonkothi, futhi sithole umfana owrongo."

I look at vusi behind me." Have you ever been wrong?" I asked him.

"No." He answered.

"Then it means we got the right guy, ukube bekunguwe lapha ngabe wangitshela iqiniso khona lapho." He looked at me and I got my answer.

It's times like this I wish Dumisani was here by my side atleast he would've backed me up in this situation since bhekumbuso decided to step down everything has been on my shoulders.

Nkosinathi is just useless he doesn't care about the family business, the same business that got him into the top schools futhi namuhla uyena osekubukela phansi.

"Ngilethele e dagger." I got satisfaction with I saw his eyes beam with fear when I managed the dagger.

There's a rustling sound behind me a moment later the dagger is placed in my open hand. I run it along zakes hand.

The man intakes a sharp breath. "Asikho isidingo sakho konke lokho, ngizokutshela konke." His eyes springing wide.

I pick up the dagger and grab zakes hand. "Ekuqaleni ngikubuze kahle kodwa unqume ukudlala imidlalo futhi ngingumlandeli omkhulu wemidlalo." I started chopping off his thumb his screams fill the air. When I reach his bone he cracked.

"They threatened to go after your wife they didn't say when but soon!" I stopped moving the dagger. "Akekho owaziyo ngokuthembisana kwami kodwa wazi kanjani?"

Mhla ufika ehhovisi sekushisiwe amatekisi ngangilalele ." I glance at vusi and he looks at me like he just saw a ghost.

"Ucabanga ukuthi bayazi ngokuhlangana kwakho nabakwaModise?" He asked.

"Send a few guys over to the Modise house but make sure they are discreet we don't want to alarm them as of at."

Vusi nods and leaves the interrogation room to make the call. I didn't even bother to clean zakes blood off. It's time my wife knows what she's getting herself into.

KHUMO

Today is my last day here I'll be moving to the ndlovu mansion until the announcement of my engagement.

My eyes begin to burn with frustrated tears as I tape the last box and try to catch my breath. Pressing my palms against my eyes, I take a deep breath but my emotions seem to get the better of me. I'm too tired, I no longer have the energy to do this nor the will to continue to be the only one to keep my family safe and alive.

I'm I selfish if I just run away and never looked I will that make me a bad daughter and sister. If I just left where does that leave my family? Will I survive knowing that I was the cause their death.

"Come on khumo get your shit together and carry on with a smile on your face." I give myself a pep talk.

Everyone has decided that we'll be announcing our engagement at the gala dinner in the next coming days.

And by everyone I mean Papa and the Ndlovu committee at this point they must just plan the whole fucking wedding cause I'm not involved in any of the decisions taken regarding my own shame of a marriage.

The maids come and carry my bags downstairs and I hold as much as I can carry in my hands as I follow them down.

As we descend down the stairs I see hurt in Tsholo's eyes I've cried enough and I think I've got no tears left to cry.

I bring her in for her hug and she grips me tight as if she's never going to see me again." Don't worry it's okay I'm going to be safe." I grab her face as wipe her tears. "Listen we going to get through this okay." She nods

Suddenly the door opens hoping it was papa but it wasn't instead there stood the older Ndlovu brother Bhekumbuso and the younger brother Nkosinathi don't ask me how I know I just know. So I'm assuming I'm getting married to Sanele Ndlovu the asshole, arrogant and self centered bastard.

"Makoti." He says as if I am actually the Ndlovu bride.

"Bhuti omdala." I said looking down I don't know why I did that but I think it shows respect.

The guards come and take all of my stuff and load them up to the car.

"Yisikhathi sethu si ukuthi sihambe, indlela egodukayo inde kakhulu." Nkosi says as he comes back from the car.

Bhekumbuso goes to Tsholo and stands beside her. "umntwana wam ngiyakuthembisa ukuthi ngeke ngikulimaze udade wenu ngoba uwumndeni ngizomthanda futhi ngimvikele."

He turns and I follow him to the black Suv. Bhekumbuso takes the passenger seat whereas Nkosi and I take the back seat.

I sigh, looking out the window seeing the house that I grew up in and held so many memories become a blur.

"Are you ready?" Nkosi asks.

I nod even though I'm not and I don't think I'll ever be.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Apologies for the long wait I was dealing with a writer's block

But I hope you enjoy the chapter nonetheless

Like I said before:

Drama reloading...