Chapter Five

KHUMO

As soon as we got home I immediately asked for my room luckily I was told that I won't be sleeping with Sanele. Thank God.

But nonetheless whoever did this has great taste not gonna lie and whatever I've noticed is that this house has got that womanly touched good to know that I won't be the only woman here.

Just as I make my way downstairs my phone rings startling me a bit. Boity calls. I quickly brace myself for a lecture.

"KHUMO! what the actual fuck I've been calling you and texting you and I've got no response. I even drove to your and I saw tsholo and she just told me that you left what's going on?." She yells worryingly.

"Eish chomi I'm sorry, just that a lot has happened I've moved and I'm now living with my in laws." I began explaining yesterday's events whilst heading downstairs.

"Oh my gosh chomi, are you okay? Are you in laws treating you well cause if not I don't made blowing those motherfuckers up." She says changing from zero to a hundred.

"Yes I'm okay and the Ndlovus are treating me well so far," I put her a ease hearing a sigh of relief. Before I could utter anything all 4 eyes look at me as I descend the stairs.

"Uhm-Boity I'll call you later." I quickly end the call.

Bhekumbuso sits on the head of the table on his left there sits a beautiful woman guessing that's his wife maybe then on his right sits Nkosinathi and next to Nkosinathi there is another woman there.

There's an empty sit next to the woman sitting next to Nkosinathi.

"Sanibonani." I said bowing my head as I sit down. Nerves as fuck like I'm quarter to pee my pants.

"Makoti asikho isidingo sokuthi ube novalo." I slowly look up and Bhekumbuso has a smile on his and the lady next to him has a grin.

Was it that evident?

"Sawubona sisi igama lami ngingunomonde kodwa ungangibiza ngomonde, wamukelekile emndenini." She says softly looking at me and Bhekumbuso.

"What you were taking time so I decided to take matters into my own hands." Nomonde says as Bhekumbuso grins at her making us laugh expect for the lady next to Nkosinathi.

"I'm Zanele Nkosi's Fiancée nice to meet you." She says holding whilst reaching her hand out to shake my hand with the fakest smile on her face. "Likewise Zanele." I say with a fake smile on my face copying the gesture.

"Where is Sanele?" Bhekumbuso asks. "He didn't come back since he left early maybe he will come back later." Nomonde says looking at me pitiful.

There's no need for a petty party here infact he should stay wherever he's at for God knows how long.

"So makoti and sanele will be living with us for isikhathi esincane and then they'll be moving into their marital house." Bhekumbuso says.

"Umafikizolo is already moving whereas some of us are already part of the furniture lapha endlini." Zanele mumbles thinking that no one heard I chuckle and she sends me a stare.

"Is there something funny makoti?" Zanele asks.

"The fact that I'll be living with a man that totally hates my guts and didn't even show his face for that matter is kina funny." I sigh.

Everything is happening so fast one minute I was a doctor living a simple life the next I'm getting married and shipped far away from home. I'm literally exhausted and I need a breather.

"I'm truly sorry Makoti, I know it's a lot to take in but it needs to be if journalists were to find out that you'll are living separately but your married it will cause problems for all of us." Nomonde says trying to reason with me.

All though we want this marriage to look real it's just too much being thrown at me in such a small amount of time.

"I understand but I have a question-" I say with a hint of nervousness."it's about my job?"

"That's something you have to talk to your husband about." He instructs me nkosi keeps looking at ms like he wants to say something but he's holding back.

He finally turns to me. "How are you feeling?" He asks with genuine concern in his eyes.

"I'm a bit overwhelmed but I'll be fine." I honestly reply.

"What is it that you do?" Zanele asks with a little bit of undermining laced in her voice.

"Well I'm a surgeon." I reveal. "Well not for long." Zanele says with a smirk whilst taking a sip of her drink.

"Zanele do you have something to say? I asked her a muscle in my jaw twiched.
I'm not a violent person or a person that likes violence but ngwanenyana yo wa nteka shem.

"Abazange batshele," She laughs and I look at her confused. "Zanele sekwanele." Bhekumbuso warns her.

She ignores him. "Once you become a ndlovu wife your going to be a housewife this little surgeon job you have, is gone." She pulls out her chair and heads upstairs with nkosi behind her.

"I can't deal with this shit." I said going to my room.

I was deep in my thoughts until a knock on my door bought me back.

"Can I come in?" Nomonde asks on the other side of the door.

"Yes you can come in." I reply.

She let herself in and sat at the edge of my bed.

"I know this whole situation is frustrating and what Zanele might have added fuel to fire but listen," She paused for a bit and rubbed my leg. "What Zanele said is not true she's just bitter that her wannabe model career is flourishing the way she would've hoped." Her laughed a bit and I just smiled.

"But I just can't get what she said out of head whatever Sanele tells me that I won't go back to work?"

"I understand what your saying but you have to fight for what you love and maybe breaking a few rules won't hurt anyone." She said.

I nod.

"You can take the day off I'll call when dinner is ready."

"Thank you Monde I owe you."

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
I know this chapter didn't have the drama

But I promise I'm cooking...

I've been seeing all of your comments saying this story is good and I want to say that it warms my heart.

To see my work being recognized and your are all enjoying the book means I'm doing a great job.

The gala dinner is approaching and it's about to go down.