𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 A Bond Like No Other

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

Diluc's expression darkened at Kaeya's words, a shadow of concern crossing his features. "A Fatui harbinger near Wolvendom," he murmured, his mind already racing with thoughts of potential danger lurking in the wilderness.

As Kaeya spoke, Diluc's thoughts drifted to Y/N, his worry deepening. He remembered she had ventured into Wolvendom today, and the thought of her encountering any danger made his heart clench with apprehension. He knew she was capable, but the wilderness held many dangers, especially with Fatui agents now lurking in the shadows.

Diluc's brows furrowed as he absorbed Kaeya's words, a sense of concern gnawing at him. He knew the danger of any involvement with the Fatui, especially for someone as Y/N. With a sharp nod, he acknowledged Kaeya's advice.

"Thanks for the heads up," Diluc murmured, his voice clipped with urgency. "I'll make sure to check on her." Despite their differences, he appreciated Kaeya's willingness to share information, especially when it concerned Y/N safety.

As Kaeya made to leave, Diluc placed a firm hand on his shoulder, his expression serious. "Keep an eye on the perimeter," he instructed, his tone leaving no room for argument. "If you spot anything suspicious, let me know immediately."

Kaeya offered a lazy salute, a smirk playing at the corners of his lips. "Of course, Captain," he replied, his tone light despite the gravity of the situation. With a wink, he vanished into the shadows, leaving Diluc alone with his thoughts.

Diluc turned to face Y/N, his expression masking the turmoil within him. "Everything's fine," he assured her, though his tone betrayed a hint of unease. "Just a minor issue that needed addressing."

Y/N studied his face, her concern evident in her eyes. "Is there anything I can do to help?" she asked, her voice soft with genuine worry.

Diluc hesitated for a moment, torn between wanting to shield her from the danger and needing her assistance. "No," he replied firmly, his voice tinged with resolve. "I need you to stay here, where it's safe. I can handle this on my own."

Y/N's brow furrowed with concern, but she nodded obediently. "Of course, Diluc," she said, her voice tinged with disappointment. "But please, be careful."

Diluc offered her a reassuring smile, though his heart ached at the thought of leaving her behind. "No need to worry about that," he promised, his gaze lingering on her for a moment longer before he turned to leave.

As he made his way towards the door, Diluc couldn't shake the feeling of guilt gnawing at him. He knew he was doing the right thing by keeping Y/N out of harm's way, but it didn't make the decision any easier. With a heavy heart, he resolved to face whatever dangers lay ahead alone, determined to protect both Y/N and Mondstadt from any threats that may arise.

Y/N paced anxiously around the dimly lit foyer of the Dawn Winery, her worry for Diluc growing with each passing minute. The clock on the wall ticked away the hours, its steady rhythm only serving to heighten her anxiety. She had tried to occupy herself with various tasks, but her mind kept drifting back to Diluc and the danger he might be facing.

As the night wore on, Y/N found herself glancing towards the door with increasing frequency, hoping to catch a glimpse of Diluc returning home. With each passing moment, her concern deepened, and she couldn't shake the nagging feeling that something was terribly wrong.

Finally, unable to bear the uncertainty any longer, Y/N decided to take action. She hurriedly made her way outside. The moon hung low in the sky, casting an eerie glow over the landscape as she set off into the darkness.