𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 Curiosity Killed The Cat

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

Diluc approached the door with a measured pace, his brow furrowed with concern. "Kaeya, what brings you here?" he inquired, his voice carrying a hint of skepticism.

Kaeya leaned casually against the doorframe, a faint smirk playing on his lips. "Ah, Diluc, always so serious," he remarked with a chuckle. "I come bearing news, though perhaps not the kind you'll enjoy."

Diluc's expression remained impassive as he braced himself for whatever Kaeya had to say. "What news?" he prompted, his tone clipped.

Kaeya straightened, his gaze meeting Diluc's with an intensity that belied his usual nonchalance. "I spotted some suspicious activity near the outskirts of Mondstadt," he began, his voice taking on a more serious tone. "It seems the Fatui are up to something, and I thought you should know."

Diluc's jaw clenched slightly at the mention of the Fatui, his distrust for the organization evident in his eyes. "What were they doing?" he demanded, his voice edged with a hint of frustration.

Kaeya shrugged nonchalantly, though there was a glint of determination in his eyes. "Hard to say for certain, but it looked like they were scouting the area," he replied. "Could be trouble brewing."

Diluc sighed heavily, running a hand through his hair in agitation. "Thank you for informing me, Kaeya," he said tersely. "I'll look into it."

Kaeya nodded in acknowledgment before turning to leave. "Just thought you should know," he remarked casually over his shoulder as he walked away, leaving Diluc to grapple with the unsettling news.

As Kaeya leaned against the doorframe, he added, "Oh, and there's one more thing, Diluc. While I was out there, I happened to catch a glimpse of someone unexpected."

Diluc's brow furrowed further, his concern evident in his furrowed brows. "Who?" he asked, his voice betraying his worry.

Kaeya hesitated for a moment before answering, his gaze meeting Diluc's with a serious expression. "I spotted Y/N," he revealed, watching for any reaction from Diluc.

Diluc's expression tightened at the mention of Y/N's name, his thoughts immediately turning to her safety. "And?" he pressed, his voice tinged with urgency.

Kaeya shrugged nonchalantly, though there was a hint of urgency in his demeanor. "She was talking to a Harbinger," he admitted, his tone grave. "Couldn't hear what they were saying, but it seemed suspicious."

Diluc's jaw clenched at the revelation, his worry deepening. "I'll take it from here." Kaeya nodded in acknowledgment before turning to leave.

When Kaeya informed Diluc about the encounter with the Fatui Harbinger, it ignited a fierce protectiveness within him. He understood the dangers posed by the Fatui all too well, their deceitful nature and unpredictable motives. His sole priority was ensuring your safety, shielding you from any potential harm they might bring.

Diluc's concern wasn't merely a display of overprotectiveness; it stemmed from a deep-seated need to keep Y/N out of harm's way. He recognized the treacherous nature of the Fatui and was adamant about keeping her far from their grasp. To him, Y/N's safety was non-negotiable, and he would go to any lengths to safeguard her from their machinations.

With a steely resolve, Diluc emphasized the importance of maintaining distance from the Fatui. He stressed the unpredictability and untrustworthiness of their intentions, urging you to steer clear of them at all costs.

Diluc's anger simmered beneath his stoic exterior upon learning that Y/N had disregarded his warnings. He thought he had emphasized the importance of her safety, urging her to heed his advice and stay away from potential danger. Y/N's decision to venture into perilous territory despite his explicit instructions struck a nerve, heightening his frustration.