orange peel theory

the orange peel theory states that if your partner peels oranges for you without asking, they are truly in love with you

the ones that would be confused because “well duh, of course i’ll peel an orange for my significant other:

ꨄ︎ seungcheol, wonwoo, mingyu, chan

when he hands you the orange and sees you all smiley and happy he’s confused to say the least. surely peeling you an orange didn’t make you that excited? it was just an orange after all. you want to laugh seeing his confused, yet adorable expression - lower lip jutted out in a pout, a frown adorning his face, and big eyes looking back at you, but at the same time you felt bad for your poor boyfriend. you’d explain the whole “orange peel theory” and his confusion would grow even more.

“why is this even a thing? of course i’ll peel an orange for you. i’d peel all oranges for you if i had to. isn’t this the bare minimum?” this would make you even more sure of the fact that your boyfriend was an angel sent from heaven.

the ones that wouldn’t understand the theory so you’d have to sit them down and explain:

ꨄ︎jun, hoshi, DK, seungkwan, vernon

he’d be a bit weirded out about you being so giddy as he’d pass you the peeled orange you asked for five minutes ago. “why are you so happy? you’re scaring me.” you’d quickly explain the “orange peel theory” happily munching on the fruit your boyfriend peeled for you, not really noticing the confusion on his face - you were too happy that he passed the “test” to notice anything. “baby hold on. what the fuck are you talking about?” the only thing he’d understand would be “oranges” and “love”, but how can oranges equal love?

“are oranges your current monthly hyperfixation?” he’d ask scratching his head. you’d giggle and drag him to the sofa where you’d explain everything again, slower this time, so he’d understand why peeling an orange meant so much to you.

the ones that would roll their eyes and pet your head (lovingly):

ꨄ︎ jeonghan, joshua, woozi, minghao

would that be the first time you put him through a silly test? no. did he mind being experimented on from time to time? definitely not - if doing them made you happy, he’d never dare to say anything. with this one he knew something was up the second you asked for an orange, it was such a random fruit that neither of you really ate that it had to be a tik tok trend you were putting him through. he’d smile softly at you sitting at the kitchen island impatiently waiting for him to either peel or not peel the fruit.

he could be mean and not peel it, but that would mean you’d be sad. did he want that though? of course not. he’d rather indulge in your silly little antics and put his mean side aside for a second and make you happy, than seeing you upset. he’d pass you the orange and kiss your cheek, still smiling.