Chapter 26: Cessation

Kaede starred at the portal, traumatized. Ayame had walked through the portal. Wieon had ran to the gate, due to the energy being too strong for her, but she watched from the gate anyways, despite Akatami telling her flee. It wasn't too close, but close enough to destroy her energy barrier. ''Are you ready to go?'' Akatami mumbled, standing up. Her balance was weak. Kaede continued to stare at the open poral, that shined blue light.

 Kaede shook her head, as tears poured from her eyes. Kaede nodded. Akatami nodded her head, turning around. She almost fell from a lack of balance. Her head was also dizzy. Kaede followed behind her, shock still lingering each part of her body. They had walked down the path, the farther they had gotten away from the portal the energy decreased quickly. Once they got at the gate, Akatami starred into Wieon's eyes.

 ''I told you to flee, this isn't far enough.'' Akatami said, her voice grimacing. Wieon's eyes went small, and her eyes were already watery, so tears poured down her face. ''Don't cry...'' Kaede whispered. Wieon ignored her, simply due to the fact there were many reasons for her to cry.

 Akatami rushed beside Wieon, pushing the gate open. ''LET'S GO.'' Akatami said, her voice clearly filled with rage. Kaede said nothing, but accept the fact Ayame was gone, within seconds. Wieon followed behind Akatami, and Kaede followed behind Wieon. They walked down the dirt path back to the car.

 Kaede turned her head toward the gate, to see if she could see the portal one last time. She knew it would most likely be the last time she saw the portal. After the sacrifice, Kaede Wieon and Akatami walked back to the car. ''We're done.'' Akatami mumbled, as Akatami sat inside the car. Kaede and Wieon shifted into their seats, getting comfortable. Eiko said nothing. Ryongi turned to them both concerned, since he was sitting in the backseat with them beforehand. Kaede strapped her seatbelt on, and so did Akatami.

 ''Are you okay?'' Ryongi whispered to Wieon first, since she was still crying from when she was at the portal. Wieon shook her head gently, accepting her fate. Ryogi's eyes dilated, and sympathy began to build up inside of him. ''I'm sorry...'' Ryongi whispered, hugging his daughter. Kaede had closed her eyes, leaning against the window.

 She no longer wanted to see this horrid forest again. The forest took her sister, what's next. Kaede thought. Wieon cried, she still couldn't pull herself back together. ''Now, I know this is hard...'' Akatami said, clearing her throat.

 ''But you must get over this... because there is nothing, we can do about it.'' Akatami admitted. And what she said is very so true.

 By the time everyone had regained their conscious, Akatami had already gotten on the highway. Ryongi looked at her, as his anger began to grow, but he knew not to say anything. Kaede clenched her hands together tightly, rage boiling inside of her. Kaede did not move an inch, because she didn't want anyone to worry about her as she fake slept. 

All she did was pray that things would be better. ''We'll have to stop at a store in Kyoto.'' Akatami said, as they sped down the highway to China. Everyone in the car was either disturbed or upset. ''We just sacrificed Ayame...'' Wieon whispered.

 ''How could we be fine...?'' She said to Akatami gently, being careful to not disturb her. Akatami ignored her, continuing to speed down the highway. Ryongi seemed upset by Akatami's attitude. ''Don't worry Wieon.

 Ryongi whispered. Wieon bobbed her head, leaning against Kaede who couldn't stop crying. Eiko was in the passenger seat, her tired eyes were closed, and she seemed to be sleep ever since they'd come back from the sacrifice. Ryongi pulled out his phone, scrolling through the media. Wieon hugged Kaede.