Scraped Knees and Overpacked bags.

Clementine

I open the back trunk in the jeep and throw my two duffel bags and backpack in there. I pray that I didn't forget anything. I hear a scream, and then wailing. I turn around to find my little brother on the ground his bag and iPad next to him.

"Ow! Emmy! Help me, it burns!" Riley says to me, I rush over to him. It looks like he scraped his knees badly.

"Are you okay?! This is why you shouldn't walk downstairs while using your iPad!" I say to him, while helping him sit up I hear my mother running around the corner.

"What happened?!" My mom asks.

"He fell down the stairs and scraped his knees, mom, can you go get the first aid kit please?"

"Of course! Sweetie, please get him in the car we need to be on time for dinner. But I'll text the Blakes and let them know what happened! Make sure Riley's all packed." She says while running to grab the first aid kit. I Lift up my ten-year-old brother from the ground and walk him over to the range rover.

"No! I want to sit with you in the jeep, pleeaasee." Riley says to me,

"Okay," I say dragging him to the jeep. "Did you pack everything?" I ask,

"Yes, I did." 

I walk back over to his bag and his iPad on the ground, I notice he was texting Rhys. One of the Blake sons. Rhys and Riley are best friends. it's always been like that. So is Bailey, my sister and Rhys older brother Conner. Our moms had Bailey and Conner the same month, Conner was born first, his middle name is Bailey. Like his grandfather's name, a week after Conner was born, He died. And that's when my sister was born, Bailey. 

Conner and Bailey are a packaged deal, just like Rhys and Riley. Me and Conner have always noticed how much Bailey likes His brother Grayson we both think they should be together. But Bailey always says it's just a little crush. Conners always her Hype man.

Our families will always be together, no matter what. And sometimes I hate that, it always reminds me of-

"I've got the first aid kit!" My mom yells before I can say his name. I turn around and the first aid kit almost gets implanted into my face. 

"Mom! You almost hit me in the face!" I yell, catching the kit.

"Sorry Em! I have to run to the farmers market really quick and get some flowers for Jess!" She says to me. My mother and Jessica Blake are inseparable, The Blakes and Turners have been best friends since before high school. It makes me happy that their happy.

"Okay, Riley's going to go with me, dad and Daisy in the jeep." 

"Okay, Me and Baileys stuff are in the range rover. I should go get her and well meet you guys there." 

"Okay mom, I'll go get Bailey." I say walking up the cobblestone stairs that lead up to our coastal house. Bailey!" I yell, "Moms going to leave now!" I stand at the end of the stairs and see my sister Bailey walk downstairs in a summer dress that complements her blonde hair and green eyes.

"I like your dress," I say to her,

"Thanks Emmy!" She says before hugging me, "See you in a bit." 

"Kay, see ya." I say as she walks outside to the range rover, as she and our mom drive away. "Daisy! We are leaving soon! Do you need help with anything?" I yell once again.

"Coming!" My sister daisy says to me walking down the stairs in a Pair of light washed ripped jean shorts like me, and a tank top on. Her Copper hair shines as the sunshine through the skylight upstairs.

I open the front door for her and close it and lock it behind us. I walk back down the cobblestone stairs and head back to the jeep next to the garage. I spot my dad in the car already and I open the back trunk again for Daisy.

"Oh my god, you overpacked again Emmy." Daisy says.

"Were leaving for the whole summer! Of course I need to over pack." I say grumpily. She squeezes her bags in the back and hops into the front seat. I then look at my brother next to me and realize that I didn't help him with the first aid kit.

"Shit! Sorry Riley, I forgot. Let me help you now." I say to him opening the first aid kit.

"Okay Kiddos! We're off, and don't use that type of language around Riley, Em." our dad say to me.

"Okay," I say rolling my eyes, opening rubbing alcohol I put it on some gauze and put it on Riley's knee.

"OUCH!" He says before slapping my hand away,

"I'm trying to help!" I say as we start to drive away to Lake Shores North Carolina, for the whole summer.