Can't Lie Forever.

Clementine

I already know I fucked up the second we walked up to the dinner table. I'm not sure what I was thinking saying that Julian was my boyfriend. I could have just walked away, but I didn't. When I sit down Julian sits next to me, I can feel everyone's eyes on us.

"So, what's happening here?" Julians mom asks us, "Something going on that we don't know about?" She says with a teasing smirk,

"No." I say but Julians already beaten me to it.

"Yes." Julian says at the same time as I did.

"We haven't really figured it out yet, is what Lemon means." He says, with his left hand on my thigh underneath the table lightly gripping it.

"I though you two hated each other." Says my brother Riley,

"Same." Rhys says agreeing. 

"Some things change," Conner says whilst looking at Daisy, with a sympathetic look on his face. "Or at least we hope they can." He finishes saying. She just looks down at her plat, playing with her food with her fork.

"Yeah, what he said." I say smiling, pulling his hand out from under the table. Holding it so that everyone can see. I look at him, at his salacious ultramarine eyes. I can't tell exactly what he's thinking, but I'm not sure I want to know.

"Okay, well! Cheers to new things, and old friends." My mom says, as everyone in union says 'cheers' but I'm not looking at them when I say it. I'm looking at Julian. And only him.

After we finish eating dinner, I head back to my room. I check my phone and see a text message from Jake. He must have sent it before he came over. I click on his contact and hit Block.

Not sure why I didn't do that last summer, or even over the winter. I open one of my bags and take out a white bikini that has blue embroidered patters in it. After I slip it on, I take some jean shorts and throw them over my bikini bottom. I walk downstairs and see my mom and dad sitting downstairs in the living room. Moms reading a book, and dads doing his crossword puzzles.

"Hey sweetheart." Mom says to me, "Going for a night swim?"

"Yeah," I say, walking towards her.

"Can I ask, what's happening with you and Julian? Not that it's any of my business, but me and Jessica- well Mrs. Blake, really want to know! I mean we knew this would happen at some point, but you know-" 

"What?" I say confused, cutting her off.

She looks like she's been caught red handed. "Never mind, make smart choices. And enjoy your swim!" She says smirking to herself, and just as I start walking away, I heart dad shout "Yes! Take that you Goddamn word game! Honey, I won!" I chuckle to myself, and sigh then head outside.

I feel the sand beneath my toes, it feels familiar and warm. I take my shorts off and kick them to the side, as I'm dipping my toes in the saltwater I hear a voice behind me say,

"Make sure to watch out for sharks, wouldn't want my fake girlfriend to die the second we started dating. That would make me look like a bad boyfriend." I roll my eyes at Julians snark comment and keep walking into the warm water. I hear some movement behind me, and once I'm shoulders deep in, I feel a warm hand around my waist pull me in. I feel Julians warm breath behind me on my neck, I turn around and see his black curls wet Infront of his face. I push them back and put my hands behind his neck and wrap my legs around his waist.

"Boyfriend." I say,

"Girlfriend." He replies.

"We can't lie forever." I say think about our families and friends, but all I can see and think of is him.

"To whom? Them, or yourself amore?"  He says with his thick Italian accent.

I'm lost for words, but before I can say anything he pulls me even closer than I can comprehend. 

"Possiamo per favore smettere di mentire a noi stessi, amore mio? Sei sempre stata tu per me, mia dolce Clementine." He says in his captivating accent again,

"I have no idea what you just said, I don't speak Italian." I say to him smiling,

"Posso insegnarti." He says, before his lips crash onto mine. But this time it's even better than the first time. The first time felt fake, but this is different.

I'm not sure if this is fake or real. But either way I hope it doesn't corrupt before we do.