Chapter VENTUNO

As I prepare for my last fight of the night I watch as Asher finishes off his opponent using his signature move ending the fight in less than 8 minutes. I make sure to keep my mask up and not let it slip as to hide my identity. I don't need anyone to recognise me as my fathers daughter. It is an insult to even share blood with him. I rewrap my hands with clean wrap and throw out the bloodied ones from my last fight. I secure my mask and my hair before walking out of the change rooms. I push my way through the crowd, shoving people out of the way.

I make my way to the ring when the host announces my opponent.

"Everyone please put your hands together for our reigning champion, THE HITMAN!"

Everyone cheers, claps and wolf whistles as a tall muscular man walks into the ring, showing off and hyping up the crowd. I roll my eyes and wait to be called.

"Now everyone quiet down please. We have a legend in the house and in the flesh. You all know her! I invite up to the ring ACE!"

Everyone cheers even louder as I slide under the ropes as the host walks off and we get into fighting positions. Every other fight including the ones tonight I have won by K.O (knock out) and this one will be no different.

--------------------------

DING DING DING the bell sounds as my opponent lays on the floor knocked out cold. Everyone cheers as the host raises my hand signalling my win. I slide out of the ring and walk towards my private room. I step into the bathroom and look at the damage. I have a bruise forming on my cheekbone and one on my eye. I have a cut under my eyebrow and one on my forehead. I've always loved getting all bloodied. I stare at my clothes that are covered in blood from all three fights. Yum.

I don't bother changing as I would need to shower so I re-secure my mask before unlocking the door and grabbing my bag. Justin and Asher texted me that they went home after the fight and I just sent a thumbs up emoji. As I walk out of the room and into the crowd, my eyes catch on a set of familiar whiskey amber eyes. We hold eye contact till I break it and walk out of the warehouse. I get into my car throwing my bag into the back before speeding out of there. I need to get out.

As I pull into the driveway of the house I quickly get out and slam the door before locking it. I take a deep breath and pull open the front door heading for the kitchen. Everyone seems to be in there except for Mia. They all look towards me as I enter and grab a glass of water and an apple before walking back out towards the stairs. I hear the sound of chairs being shoved back as heavy footsteps make their way towards me.

"Where is that blood from?"

Before I even get a chance to answer, gun shots could be heard from the back, sides and front of the house. FUCK ME. All of my brothers grab guns from their hiding places under couches and behind the tv and shit while I grab my gun from the holster on my leg while grabbing my knives. My brothers have already split off to different areas of the house while Adrian runs up the stairs to Mia's room. I follow my brother's lead and head towards the kitchen, keeping myself ducked behind the walls and then crouching down to hide behind the kitchen island while aiming my gun at one of the multiple men in the backyard. I shoot through the open window as one of the men falls to the ground. I then take the opportunity to take out the rest of the men in the backyard. I turn and rush back to the main foyer where men have entered the house. Luco and the twins are fighting them off when I enter, Adrian not in sight. I grab a knife and aim it at one of the men coming up from behind Luco taking aim. He falls to the ground quickly and I shoot another one. I use all my bullets, taking out as many of them as I can before having to resort to my knives and fighting skills.

I take out a few guys before one comes at me with a knife as now everyone is pretty much out of ammo. The guy manages to get a good cut in on my arm and cheek when I then slit his throat before moving on to the next. Soon all the invaders are dead and as I look at the tattoos along their necks and hands I can tell it was the Mexican mafia. I was so pumped up on adrenaline that I hadn't even noticed a knife in my thigh. I pull it out and put pressure on the wound. All of my brothers then meet in the foyer with the rest of us looking like shit. Adrian and Mia come down stairs unscathed and not even a drop of blood on either of them. How typical, daddy dearest needs to keep his princess safe while hiding like a coward in the process.

"Lis your bleeding" Carlo points out.

I look down at my leg and the wound is pretty big. I walk towards the kitchen and follow as I pull myself up onto the bench.

"Carlo can you grab me the first aid kit please." Emilio speaks.

I wait until Carlo comes back with the kit before taking it out of his hands before he hands it to Emilio. I rip the fabric around the wound to give me better access. I then take a wipe and clean the skin around it of blood before pouring rubbing alcohol over the wound. I bite down on a cloth while doing it to keep my screams of pain in as my brothers watch. Emilio tried to help but I just glared at him and he backed off. Carlo hands me what I need as I start to stitch up my leg before cleaning it and then wrapping a bandage around it and taking panadol and jumping off the counter.

I clean up my mess and then hand the aid kit back to Carlo before heading to my room for a shower, trying not to dwell on the fact that the Mexicans attacked the house or that maybe he might know where I am.

I let the water wash away the blood from my body as the clear liquid becomes crimson red before going down the drain. I change into sweatpants and a baggy top before getting into bed welcoming the sleep and nightmares to come.