Number Six

Tatum POV:

I slipped on my lacrosse spandex before sliding my skirt on over it. I put on my white jersey for home games and my Nike lacrosse socks. My hair was still down but that didn't matter. Hannah and a few other girls on the team know how to braid so they always do everyone's game day hair. I then jogged down the stairs to the kitchen where my parents and little brother were.

"All ready for your game?" My dad asked.

"Of course I am!" I said as I grabbed my water bottle from off the counter. My parents had already filled it with ice and water for me.

"We'll be there for when the game starts." My mom said with a soft smile. My parents and brother always come to my games. They hate just sitting there and watching warm ups though so they always come just in time for announcements.

"Tate I want to see you score!" My brother Weston said excitedly. He's only nine but ever since he could talk he's been in love with lacrosse just like me. Even though boys and girls lacrosse are completely different sports, he still loves coming to watch me play. 

I smiled as I bent down slightly so that I was at eye level with him. I ruffled his hair slightly and he gave me a look.

"How about I score three for you?" I suggested. His eyes went wide.

"You think you can score a hat trick?" He asked in shock.

"Oh yeah I can. Especially if my number one fan is there." I said as I ruffled his hair again.

"Tatum stoooooppp." He screeched as he backed away from me. He made a face of disgust as he tried to fix his hair and I laughed. He pretends not to like it but I know he secretly does.

"Okay I'm done." I said as I stood back up and put my hands in the air in surrender. "Are you wearing my jersey to the game?" I asked him.

"YES!" He yelled happily. "Where is it?" He asked.

"Up in my room on the bed." I said. Weston didn't waste a second before running as fast as he could up the stairs. My parents and I laughed as he sprinted off. 

"He loves wearing your jersey to games." My mom said. She loved how Weston and I got along so well despite our almost eight year age gap.

"I know he does. That's why only he gets to wear it." I stated proudly. Our lacrosse team has this tradition where the girls give their jerseys out of the games. I've only ever let Weston wear it even though I've had countless guys and girls practically begging me to wear it. 

"That jersey is so big on him." My Dad laughed as Weston came running back down the stairs.

"Hey be careful!" I yelled. He listened and slowed his sprint to a speedy jog. The jersey went nearly down to his knees and I didn't want him to trip.

"Okay I have to go but I'll see you after the game." I said as I gave each of my parents a hug.

"See you later honey." My mom said.

"Hey don't forget me!" Weston cried.

"Don't worry I'm not. I could never forget you." I said as I scooped him up and gave him a huge hug and a kiss on the forehead. After putting him down I waved goodbye and left the house, ready for my first game of the season.

________________________________________________________________________________

Emily POV:

When I pulled into the school parking lot I could see that there were only five minutes left on the clock before the game starts. I had a lift day for track which is why I was only just showing up now. I already spoke to Coach Crowley and he completely understands that I will be late for many practices and games because I have my own sport to play. He said it's okay because what I can bring to the lacrosse team is worth it.