Chapter 6: Who is She?

Your eyes lightly open as you hear knocking at your door. You leap up to your feet, grabbing a t-shirt and putting it on as you fly over to the door. Opening it to see Lute standing there.

Y/N: Oh, hey Lute how-

  She gras your hand, dragging you out of the room.

Lute: Come on. I wanna talk to you.

  You walk with Lute, wearing nothing but your t-shirt and sweatpants. Lute takes you to the training grounds where you see some of the other exorcists training as well. They give you a salute as you wave at them.

  Lute stops as she takes a training spear.

Lute: You know there were stories about you that was told to us exorcists. How you in your human form fought demons on earth.

  You rub the back of your head.

Y/N: It was nothing major.

  Lute looks at you with a serious face, twirling the spear in her hands.

Lute: You killed hundreds and thousands of demons with a sword given to you that possessed on of the many names of God upon the blade. You fought demons, Nephilim, all while human. All across your long life. And you lived a long holy life Methuselah. But I always wanted to know. How painful was your human existence?

Y/N: . . . IT was serviceable. Nothing more, nothing less.

  Lute holds still for a moment, before swinging the spear at your face. You tilt to the side as the stick hit's nothing but air.

Lute: Was it painful enough that you'd plunge yourself into hell again?

  She swings the spear at you again, this time aiming for your feet as you jump over it, then swat the spear aways as she goes to stab you with it over and over. Trying to apply pressure, but you eventually slap the spear hard enough to break it and send the other end flying.

  She looks a bit surprised since you weren't really putting forth a lot of effort, and still managed to stay in the same spot since your talk began, but her words stuck out to you. Almost scaring you for a bit.

Y/N: Why did you bring me out here Lute?

Lute: With all do respect. You're becoming self destructive. . sir.

Y/N: How am I-

Lute: I heard you and Emily. The fact that she couldn't stop you just shows how lost you are. You need to stay here, in heaven. Not guarding that hell-born Morningstar.

  You looked a bit surprised, not recalling you saying out loud who you ere guarding at the time of you and Emily's discussion.

Lute: Who else would you go to hell to see. To try to help.

  You stare at Lute for a moment before grabbing her and throwing her over your shoulder, then launching off into the air causing a light shockwave as you arrive ack at your house in seconds. Opening the door and letting her don inside.

Y/N: So what, you plan to let all of heaven know? To tell Sera? Adam?

Lute:. . . No. I haven't told anyone. But sir. . . (Y/N). I want you to know just how important you are to me.

  She places her hand on your shoulder as you turn back to look at her. Her eyes rang with truth, she was being sincere. But you looked away. You had feelings for Vaggie, but she was with Charlie, but you didn't know if there was anything there to build upon. You couldn't imagine moving on again. It seemed like you were cursed with annihilated love.

Y/N: Lute-

  She grabs onto you, floating up to your level, hugging onto you, bringing your head into her chest.