Chapter 7: Me and the Devil

You awoke some time later as you feel something biting at your neck. Looking down you see Lute planting light kisses on your neck.

Y/N: Lute. This is hardly appropriate.

Lute: Yet you aren't pushing me away.

  Your eyes fully open as she sits up, caressing your face as she lightly kisses your cheek.

Lute: Besides, you've been so stressed. Let me relax you and show you heaven.

  Lute presses her lips to yours as you feel guilty if you kiss back. She takes notice as her efforts don't stop, but instead takes a softer approach. Grabbing your hand and lightly kissing the back of it. Your face goes red as she kisses up your arm lightly, looking you in the eyes as the rush get's sent through your body, making you cover your eyes as the eyes of your halo are left spinning, not knowing where to look at this point.

Lute: You know, for being known as the strongest Human to ever live, I never would have imagined you shudder at the touch of an exorcist. 

Y/N: I'm not shuddering. I just don't know how to feel about all. . . this. I still miss Vaggie, and this feels like cheating.

  Lute straddles you, holding onto both of your hands.

Lute: I understand your feelings, and I am not here to force myself on you. But Vaggie is gone. The love you have is admirable, but you can't keep doing this to yourself. Locking yourself in a pit of isolation. Like you did on earth, and like you did in heaven before you met Vaggie.

  You look away for the moment as Lute caresses your face.

Lute: I see the pain in your eyes, even when you think I'm too much of a hard ass to care. Just, be vulnerable to me. Give into me. What's on your mind?

  You end up standing from the bed, lightly brushing Lute aside as you walk away from her for a moment, but turn back to her, crawling on the bed and planting a kiss on her cheek.

Y/N: There is so much about me that the stories don't tell. But thank you, for this. It was nice. I'll be sure to return to you once I'm done. But please, do not tell anyone where I go.

  Lute wasn't happy that you were leaving again, but she let it slide, caressing your cheek.

Lute: As long as you always come back to me.

  You smile a bit as you quickly open a portal to hell, falling through it as you land in your room at the Hazbin Hotel. You were left alone in the silence as you felt tears streaming down your face. The memories of both Edna and Vaggie filled you to the brim with grief. Were you cursed never to keep love? Why was it that isolation was always your fate. You had to lose your father, your mother, your children even passed before your very eyes, then there was Edna. Who left long before you knew.

  Exiting your room, you lightly lean your head against the door as you remember life on earth. Then your time in heaven. When you became a throne, you were overjoyed, even reuniting with your father, a very important man in Heaven's hierarchy. But in heaven, human emotions aren't a common thing, seeing how you shed your mortal being to be a being of light and pure energy. You were an angel, and angels aren't supposed to be sad or feel this way. At least you thought that was ho it was. Adam, Lute, even Vaggie, and sometimes even Emily they didn't act like how you imagined Angels.

  Were you reading too deep into things? Were you the problem? Or was it that your humanity and angelic nature were not in harmony with one another.

  You only ever wept for other people on earth as an Angel, so why does it matter how your love life would affect you. Was there no paradise unless you had another half to share it with.