𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

EIGHT
all mine

"I THINK I'M IN LOVE WITH THAT MAN" mariana whispered as she closed the front door behind her.

"you say that about every man" amira gasped sarcastically — mocking her best friend.

mariana chuckled as she plummeted onto the couch. "él es tan amable y lindo y hermoso e increíble y—"

"¡vale! cálmate." amira interrupted. "are you really that serious about him?"

mariana

of course i wanted to say i was. i wanted to be in a relationship for once. a real relationship.

love was once that vibrant flame to me; but over time, it dimmed, leaving behind a hollow shell filled with broken promises or unspoken regrets.

"pues...¿creo que lo es?" i replied firmly.

did i somewhat lie to my best friend?

yes.

can she tell i'm lying?

yes.

but i didn't care at that point. i wanted the light breeze that always found its way back, no matter the distance — love.

3rd person

amira sighed in disappointment.

"as much as i hate men too, there is someone out there that really cares for you. it could be alejandro, he's a good guy. but... you have me so you don't really need a man."

mariana sunk herself into the couch even further, pondering what amira had just said.

"¿por qué todo es tan complicado?" she huffed in annoyance.

"don't be too hard on yourself. it's not your fault they were like that." amira consoled. "forget about them."

"vale. do i wait for him to text first or do i text first?" mariana inquired.

"he's the man, he needs to do it!"

EIGHT.

AUTHOR'S NOTE ...
this is so ass but i felt like writing
didn't proof read either
bc my chapters are always so short i'm thinking about making a football oneshots but idk
do u guys want that?
vote!!!!